Hunt on for actress opposite Sunny Deol
Mumbai: After Ameesha Patel walked out of ‘Singh Saheb The Great’, director Anil Sharma says the team is on the lookout for a replacement. She was to feature opposite Sunny Deol.
"We have not finalised the leading lady yet. Right now we are shooting only Sunny`s major part in Bhopal. Once we are done with his shoot, we will hunt for the leading lady," Sharma told reporters.
In mid-December 2012, Ameesha announced she is stepping out of the project due to "ever-changing schedules".
When Sharma was asked about the reason, he said: "Ameesha is a friend. If at all we need her back in the film, I can call her anytime. She will never say no."
Sharma last worked with Sunny and Ameesha in the 2001 hit ‘Gadar: Ek Prem Katha’.
He says Sunny has become more professional over the years, and shooting for ‘Singh Saheb The Great’ reminds him of shooting for ‘Gadar: Ek Prem Katha’.
"It`s always fun to work with Sunny. He has always been a perfectionist and professional. Now over the years he has become more professional. It reminds me of our `Gadar` days," said Sharma.
Sunny plays the role of a collector in the film, which is a satire on corruption.
The first schedule of ‘Singh Saheb The Great’ will continue in Bhopal till Feb 15, 2013.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ranveer Singh was in 'Befikre' even before Aditya Chopra! Here's the truth
- Jayalalithaa death: Telugu stars mourn Amma's loss!
- Preggers Kareena Kapoor Khan becomes a showstopper at Manish Malhotra's birthday bash!
- Zaheer Khan and Sagarika Ghatge – Five photos of the rumoured couple
- Katrina Kaif presses for gender equality at UN Women event!