‘I Am Kalam’ heads to Oscar library
Mumbai: ‘I Am Kalam’, the film which has won 11 international awards has made it to the Oscar library. Even Prince Charles expressed an interest to watch the film that has been directed by Nila Madhab Panda and produced by Smile Foundation.
It was the debut for Panda, who has produced and directed over 60 documentaries, short films, television drama and films for international and national broadcasting. The director is elated with his film making its way to the archives of Oscars.
Talking to the media, Panda said, "They wrote to me asking for the script. I recently got a mail saying the script is now part of their library. But this is just the start of things. Our movie is in the race for being India`s official entry to the Oscars."
Through the film, the director wanted to send out a message that effort is more powerful then fate and that the privileged masses must join the effort to educate the children and help them to dream and turn their dreams into breathing reality.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- HC refuses to stay summons to 'Jolly LLB 2' team
- Rangoon: Saif Ali Khan’s interview with ‘Shopkeeper’ Gaurav Gera is hilarious – Watch
- Ranbir Kapoor looks exactly like young Sanjay Dutt in leaked PICS from the biopic!
- Toilet - Ek Prem Katha: New still featuring Akshay Kumar, Bhumi Pednekar out
- 'Badrinath Ki Dulhania' promotions: Varun Dhawan, Alia Bhatt take Jaipur by storm - Watch