I am not cut out for song and dance: Nana Patekar
New Delhi: From intense characters to song and dance, Nana Patekar has done it all. But the actor has realised that dancing around trees is "just not me".
The versatile star plays a tough Delhi Police cop in his upcoming film `Shagird`, which is finally releasing after a two month old delay because of the cricket season.
"I loved working in the movie because it is very realistic. I prefer doing such roles rather than dancing around trees. That is just not me," Patekar who plays ACP Hanumant Singh in the film directed by Tigmanshu Dhulia, told reporters.
The thriller was shot extensively in the capital and revolves around the crime branch of Delhi Police.
The 60-year-old actor said that the gritty drama may raise eyebrows and it was the shock value which attracted him to the project.
"The main theme of the movie is how power corrupts people who have access to it. It is so realistic that the content may shock people, but that is what made me say yes to the role," said Patekar.
The film produced by Reliance Big pictures and starring Rimi Sen, Zakir Hussain, Mohit Ahlawat and Anurag Kashyap in a cameo, will release on May 13.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Aadesh Shrivastava bids adieu at 51!
- Look who is playing Indrani Mukerjea in a film on Sheena Bora murder mystery?
- Aadesh Shrivastava loses battle with cancer at 51: Celebs pay tribute on Twitter
- Music director Aadesh Shrivastava is no more, succumbs to cancer at 51
- Short Janmashtami Statuses for Facebook and Whatsapp!