I had to work on my character in `Lootera`, says Ranveer Singh
Mumbai: Bollywood actor Ranveer Singh said that it was not easy for him to slip into the role in the film ‘Lootera’.
"It took me some time to get into the character. I had to work through it to get the kind of reserved character I had to be. It was even frustrating and on the fourth day I told Vikram that I was not the right choice. But Vikram worked with me through it and made me discover a new side to myself," Ranveer said at the music launch of the film held here at Friday.
The actor, who has been seen in films like ‘Band Baaja Baaraat’ and ‘Ladies Vs Ricky Bahl’, will next be seen in ‘Lootera’, directed by Vikramaditya Motwane.
The film stars Ranveer Singh opposite Sonakshi Sinha.
Motwane said: "It was a tough task but they were fantastic and easy to work with. Once I narrate the story I don`t interfere in actors` actual performances."
Music director Amit Trivedi who has done a fabulous job with the music of the film said it was it was the director and the script which drove him.
"It is the director and the script which drives me. Vikram always manages to churn out the best out of me," Amit said.
The period romance hits the screens on July 5.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Madaari' Box Office collections: Irrfan Khan starrer mints Rs 5.75 crores
- Arshad Warsi all set to don director's hat!
- Meet 'Chaani-Sarman' from Ashutosh Gowariker's 'Mohenjo Daro'- See new poster
- 'Doctor Strange' trailer: As spellbinding as it could be!- Watch
- Gal Gadot plays the new DC superhero- 'Wonder Woman'! Watch trailer