I love Sanjay Leela Bhansali`s cinema: Deepti Naval
Mumbai: Noted actress Deepti Naval says she is a great fan of filmmaker Sanjay Leela Bhansali and wanted to be part of his last directorial venture `Guzaarish`.
"I love the kind of films Sanjay Leela Bhansali makes. I don`t know about the public and the industry but I am an all-time Sanjay Leela Bhansali fan. His cinema is completely stylised and commercial and yet hugely experimental. I love his cinema," Deepti told PTI here.
Bhansali, the maker of movies like `Khamoshi`, `Devdas` and `Black`, has dealt with intense subjects in his films. His last release as director `Guzaarish` explored the life of a paraplegic and dealt with the seious issue of euthanasia.
On which of Bhansali`s films she wished to be a part of, Deepti said, "I would have loved to be a part of `Guzaarish`."
Meanwhile, the actress is excited to team up with eminent actor Farooq Sheikh for an upcoming film titled `Listen Amaya`.
"I was excited about working with Farooq again as we have done really some memorable films together like `Chashme Baddoor`, `Katha`, `Saath Saath`, `Rang Birangi`, `Ek Baar Chale Aao` and `Kisi Se Na Kehna`. I have always enjoyed working with him. In this film it was great working with him after such a long time," she said.
"My two favourite actors are Naseeruddin Shah and Farooq Sheikh. I am happy that I got to work with them," she said.
Even though Deepti and Sheikh have worked together in several films but the two never stayed in touch often. "We were not really in touch until we met at a function. It was not that we were like friends remaining in touch," Naval said.
`Listen Amaya` is about the relationship between a middle-aged widow essayed by Deepti and her daughter, played by Swara Bhaskar of `Tanu Weds Manu` fame, and what happens when the mother falls in love with a 60-year-old retired photographer, played by Sheikh.
On the chemistry, the actress says, "We are just so natural... When we are in front of the camera it all happens... It all comes out spontaneously. The natural chemistry is still there between us."
Directed by debutant director Avinash Kumar Singh, the film releases on February 1.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Priyanka Chopra feels 'blessed' to work with Blair Underwood, Aunjanue Ellis!
- Pakistani actors already home before MNS threat to leave India
- After no 'Pakistani TV shows', Zindagi rebrands itself with local dramas
- Pearl V Puri joins 'Nagarjun - Ek Yoddha'
- 'Quantico': Season 2's opener awkwardly executed
- Juhi Chawla slams item numbers for commercialisation of women
- 'Pink' Box Office collections: Amitabh Bachchan, Taapsee Pannu starrer mints Rs 53.10 cr!
- Victoria Leeds is NOT Alex Parrish, reveals Priyanka Chopra on her 'Baywatch' character—Full story inside
- '31st October' already a landmark for me: Soha Ali Khan
- Varun Dhawan working with Amitabh Bachchan? Nah, it's a rumour!