If `Commando` does well, I will begin the sequel: Vipul Shah
New Delhi: ‘Commando’ is yet to release but producer Vipul Shah has plans to produce the sequel of his high-octane action film.
Starring Vidyut Jamwal and Pooja Chopra, `Commando` will hit theatres on April 12.
"Hopefully if `Commando` does well, I will start with `Commando 2`. We are waiting for the audience to love it so that we can quickly begin with the sequel," Vipul told reporters.
The filmmaker made his directorial debut with thriller ‘Aankhen’ and went on to make ‘Waqt’ and ‘Namastey London’ among others. He turned producer in 2008 with ‘Singh Is King’.
‘Commando’ is his third film as a producer. He has earlier produced another action film ‘Force’. I think the reason to make this film was that we thought we will do something in action that has never been done in India," he said.
‘Commando’ is the story of an Indian Army officer, who during a training session gets inside Chinese Border by mistake.
Vipul believes the biggest challenge in making an action film is that the audience have stereotypical expectations from this genre.
"The problem with action film is that everybody says `Oh it is an action film so there will be nothing but just action and fights. It will be brain dead. Unfortunately, people have this mindset because it is action," Vipul said.
Hollywood`s ace action choreographer Franz Spilhaus has directed the stunts in ‘Commando’
Besides ‘Commando 2’, Vipul is producing a film which will be directed by A R Murugadoss with Akshay Kumar in the lead.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Short films are stepping stone for any filmmaker: Vikas Bahl
- Kanye West almost killed while hiking
- No point in fighting ageing, says George Clooney
- Alia Bhatt turns vegetarian!
- 'San Andreas' to release in Hindi and English on May 29
- Khloe Kardashian draws criticism for wearing niqab
- I was wrong to start fight with Tyson Beckford: Chris Brown
- My ambition is to be honourable family man: Ranveer Singh
- Sandeepa to perform Jackie Chan inspired stunts in '7 Hours...'
- Ranbir Kapoor is a fantastic actor: Aamir Khan
- Select viewers to watch 'Hamari Adhuri Kahani' before its release
- Sam Smith dedicates tweets to fans to celebrate debut album's 1st anniversary
- Judge to hold hearing on whether Shakira's copyright accuser lied
- Ricky Kej grateful to everyone who felt his music
- Sidharth Malhotra, Kriti Sanon 'As I Am' music anthem becomes a rage
- 'Obsessed' Dave Grohl dedicates song to Taylor Swift
- Noel Gallagher rejects Oasis reunion rumours
- Bickram Ghosh to open music gurukul in Singapore, London
- `Power-pack performer` Paul McCartney plays 3hr set in London
- Check out: Longer version of Anushka, Priyanka's 'Girls Like To Swing' from 'Dil Dhadakne Do'!
- Watch: Peppy 'Happy Birthday' song from 'ABCD2'!
- Melody Gardot eager for album release
- UP: Jammu-bound Muri Express derails in Kaushambi
- Delhi's 2015 CBSE Class 12 topper M Gayatri talks to Zee Media
- Watch: Mumbai cops find new secret agents in housewives!
- One year of Modi govt: PM promises to fulfil aspirations
- No respite from heat for next three days: IMD
- DNA: Sikh man in New Zealand removed his turban to help injured kid
- One year of Modi govt: PM addresses mega rally in Mathura
- Hundreds die as heat wave continues in India
- 2G scam: Ex-TRAI chief alleges Manmohan Singh had warned him to cooperate
- Growing medical negligence in Delhi's AIIMS
- DNA: AIIMS doctor removes both kidneys of minor, claims she had only one
- Pranab Mukherjee defends Bofors scam, says it was just a media trial
- Salman Khan attends sister Arpita's wedding reception in Mandi
- Zee Media's mega survey on Modi govt
- Zee Media Exclusive: Vidya Balan chats about 'Hamari Adhuri Kahani'
- Check WBBSE (wbresults.nic.in) Class 12th Results: West Bengal Board (wbscvet.org) Higher Secondary Class XII Vocational Results to be declared today at 4 PM
- PM Narendra Modi's Mathura rally: As it happened
- Public rally on 100 days of AAP govt: As it happened
- One year of NDA govt: PM Modi writes open letter to nation, promises to transform India
- World optimistic about India: PM Narendra Modi on 1 year of NDA govt
- MSBSHSE Class 12th HSC results 2015 to be declared at 1pm tomorrow
- Bharatiya Janata Party lacks majority for Ram Temple, Article 370: Amit Shah
- AAP govt moves resolution against MHA notification: As it happened
- China doesn't recognise 'illegal' McMahon Line: Beijing responds to NSA Ajit Doval
- Arpita-Aayush wedding reception: Salman Khan spreads love in Mandi, says `hum aapke hain`
- CBSE 10th Results 2015 to be declared on May 27
- Rahul Gandhi takes a dig at one year of Modi govt, wishes 'happy birthday' to 'suit-boot ki sarkar'
- Is there life after death?
- Heatwave kills 90 more in Andhra, Telangana; toll crosses 800
- UBSE Results 2015 (ubse.uk.gov.in): Uttarakhand 12th Result 2015 to be announced today at 11 AM