IFFI aims to be `people friendly`
Panaji: The International Film Festival of India (IFFI), held annually in Goa, will be presented in a new "people friendly" avatar this year, an official said Monday.
Speaking to reporters here, IFFI director Shankar Mohan said that some of the films screened at the festival will be shown on big screens for non-delegates at pre-decided venues.
"This year, IFFI is going to be different. The films will be more global and the festival itself will be people friendly.
"We will be introducing open air screening of the movies for non-delegates," Mohan added.
Goa has been home to the IFFI for nearly a decade now. But the festival, which takes place in the last week of November, has seen controversy every year due to organisational issues and spats between the union information broadcasting ministry?s Directorate of Film Festivals and the Goa government?s Entertainment Society of Goa (ESG), which provides the logistics for the festival.
"We are trying to address those concerns," Mohan said, adding that shifting of the venue from Panaji, the capital, to Margao, chief minister Digambar Kamat?s constituency located 30 kms from here, was one such issue.
Mohan also said that this year around, adequate attention will be given to the branding aspect of IFFI.
"There will be uniformity in the design of the festival this time. The entire film festival will have uniform theme," Mohan said,
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Arjun Kapoor early birthday celebrations on the sets of 'Half Girlfriend'! Pic inside
- Find out which day of the week is dedicated to which Lord!
- Govinda chose 'The Kapil Sharma show' over 'Comedy Nights Live'—Here's why?
- Want a better life? Practice these 5 habits – Watch video
- IIFA 2016: Salman Khan spilling hotness in brand new hair-cut and elegant suit! – Pic inside
- Talent is unstoppable! Alia Bhatt aspires for Hollywood
- Salman Khan to endorse a line of langots to promote 'Sultan' – Details inside
- 'Mirzya': Rakeysh Omprakash Mehra thanks Salman Khan, sends best wishes for 'Sultan'
- Watch videos: Varun Dhawan's terrific dance moves for 'Dishoom' promotions in Nagpur!
- Allegation that 'Kriti' is copied baseless: Shirish Kunder