Indian films to be screened in Thailand
Bangkok: Some 10 landmark Indian cinema classics, including ‘Raja Harishchandra’, Satyajit Ray`s ‘Jalsaghar’ and Devanand`s `Guide`, will be screened here as part of the Indian Centenary Film Festival.
Organized by the Indian Embassy in cooperation with the Directorate of Film Festivals and SF World Cinema, the films cover a range of genres and showcase the diversity of Indian culture, depicting both old and modern India.
The films are in Hindi and other vernacular languages like Bengali, Tamil and Kannada and are works of prominent directors.
From 1913, the silent ‘Raja Harishchandra’ is the very first Indian film. It will be shown along with the Bollywood blockbuster ‘Maqbool’ on Thursday night at a special opening.
The other movies to be shown include Satyajit Ray`s ‘Jalsaghar’ (The Music Room), V Shantaram`s ‘Dr Kotnis Ki Amar Kahani’ (1946), Madhur Bhandarkar`s ‘Corporate’, Sanjay Leela Bhansali`s ‘Hum Dil De Chuke Sanam`, Vijay Anand`s ‘Guide’, Girish Kasaravalli`s ‘Gulabi Talkies’ and Mani Ratnam`s ‘Kannathil Muthamittal’.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Runway Bridal to return with fourth edition in September
- Mr World 2016 Rohit Khandelwal says it is easier for models to enter Bollywood!
- Sonakshi Sinha does not have aptitude to join politics!- READ
- Shahid Kapoor, Mira Rajput fulfil grandmother Neelima Azeem's wish!
- Veteran writer Salim Khan hails Bombay HC judgement on Haji Ali
- 'Lion' trailer: Dev Patel once again proves his acting brilliance – Watch
- Akshay Kumar's 'Rustom' vs Hrithik Roshan's 'Mohenjo Daro': Week two BO collections are out!
- Mechanic Resurrection movie review: Fails to rise
- Taapsee Pannu, Neeraj Pandey reteam on 'Meera'
- 'A Flying Jatt' Box Office collections: Tiger Shroff-Jacqueline Fernandez starrer mints Rs 7.10 cr on opening day!