Indra Kumar re-launches daughter in `Super Naani`
Mumbai: Director Indra Kumar says he is re-launching his daughter Shweta with veteran actress Rekha in his directorial venture ‘Super Naani’.
"I am very happy that I am re-launching my daughter Shweta with `Super Naani`. I am all the more happy that at such a young age she is sharing the screen space with Rekha. It`s a wonderful feeling that she will be seen with Rekha in a complete revamped look," Kumar told reporters.
"She made her debut with Himesh Reshmiya in `Karzzz`. Unfortunately the film didn`t work at the box office," added the director, who made hits like ‘Dil’, ‘Beta’, and ‘Masti’.
‘Super Naani’ is about women`s empowerment where the grandson inspires his grandmother (naani) to do something worthwhile in life. Sharman Joshi`s is essaying the role of Rekha`s grandson in the film, is slated for a August release.
Kumar says Shweta will be seen as Sharma`s love interest in the film and added: "There is a wonderful chemistry between both of them."
‘Super Naani’ also features Anupam Kher.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Baar Baar Dekho' has been a joyride: Nitya Mehra
- Rajkummar Rao, Kriti Sanon team up for 'Bareilly Ki Barfi'
- Film with Shah Rukh Khan at very premature stage: Kangana Ranaut
- Get ready to watch Deepika Padukone, Ranveer Singh in 'Padmavati'! Deets inside
- Stan Lee supports Zendaya's casting in Spider-Man: Homecoming