Is Shah Rukh Khan the new Box Office king?
Zee Media Bureau/ Gayatri Sankar
Mumbai: With Rohit Shetty’s Eid release, ‘Chennai Express’, Shah Rukh Khan has indeed claimed the Box Office again. The masala entertainer broke all Box Office records and kept the cash registers ringing. And with the film, Shetty delivered yet another Rs 100 crore blockbuster.
SRK, popularly known as King Khan, with his last release ‘Jab Tak Hain Jaan’ which came out last Diwali alongside Ajay Devgn’s ‘Son of Sardaar’, did fairly well at the Box Office. The romantic flick, which was legendary filmmaker Yash Chopra’s last film, saw Shah Rukh romance two women — Katrina Kaif and Anushka Sharma.
But ‘Chennai Express’ with Deepika Padukone proved to be a mint for the actor. The duo had earlier worked together in Farah Khan’s ‘Om Shanti Om’, which also marked the debut of the dimpled lass. And Shetty’s ‘Chennai Express’ helped the hit Jodi deliver yet another super-hit film.
Shah Rukh’s arch rival — Salman Khan — has had no film release this year till now. The ‘Dabangg’ superstar literally ruled the Box Office in the last five consecutive years, giving tough competition to his contemporaries. But this year seems to be Shah Rukh’s for he beat Akshay Kumar, who released ‘Once Upon A Time in Mumbai Dobaara’ a week after ‘Chennai Express’, with élan.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Amid political tensions, three-tiered security for Oscars
- 'Lion' significantly talks about child adoption: Priyanka Bose
- It's Shahid Kapoor's birthday! Let's take a look at his TOP 5 roles
- Rangoon box office collections: Kangana, Shahid and Saif starrer witnesses slow start!
- 'Lipstick Under My Burkha': CBFC cites 'audio pornography', 'abusive words' reasons to refuse certification