It is great when hard work pays off: Bhansali
Mumbai: Filmmaker Sanjay Leela Bhansali is heartened by the opening day response to his latest release ‘Goliyon Ki Raasleela Ram-leela’, which has reportedly drawn audiences in big numbers to theatres.
Relieved and exuberant, Bhansali said: "I haven`t received so many congratulations in a while. Everybody is saying this is the kind of cinema they like to see me make. It`s a great feeling when your hard work pays off."
The movie, starring Ranveer Singh and Deepika Padukone, is Bhansali`s interpretation of William Shakespeare`s Romeo and Juliet. Prior to its release Friday, it was caught in legal hassles over the title.
However, if trade experts are to be believed, the movie has garnered over Rs.16 crore on its opening day.
Trade analyst Taran Adarsh said, "`Ram-leela` has had an outstanding opening at both multiplexes and single screens. Saturday and Sunday will see huge collections. I also expect the film to open big overseas."
The movie is said to have Bhansali`s trademark touch of capturing culture and traditions vividly.
Bihar exhibitor Roshan Singh said: "Sanjay Leela Bhansali is the hero of `Ram-leela`. Every frame has his stamp. People are coming in to see what Bhansali has done."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Rustom' trailer out: Bollywood in awe of Akshay Kumar!
- Kriti Sanon has mastered the 'lower-back' workout – This video is a proof!
- Saiyami Kher is fresh as a dewdrop: Shabana Azmi
- Salman Khan 'raped woman' remark: Varun Dhawan's reaction is the most quintessential one!
- 'The Kapil Sharma Show': Sufi musicians Wadali Brothers to grace the show