It was difficult to say no to Sujoy Ghosh: Vidya Balan
Mumbai: Actress Vidya Balan, who gave a stellar performance in Sujoy Ghosh`s ‘Kahaani’, says it was tough for her to say no to the director for his new film ‘Durga Rani Singh’.
"I am a little sad I couldn`t work in this project because we made `Kahaani` together and we were like parents of `Kahaani`. It was a very difficult decision for me to say no (to `Durga Rani Singh`, but I was not keeping well so I couldn`t do it. I had no option," said the National Award winning talent.
After Vidya turned down the offer, Kangana Ranaut was approached for the lead role in Ghosh`s film. But even she refused it. Now the director is reportedly on the lookout for an apt leading lady for his film.
Vidya says that after the success of ‘The Dirty Picture’, a story inspired by the life of Silk Smitha, she was offered biopics almost every week.
"I have been offered many biopics. Every week someone asked me about new biopics. Three offers have come my way, but I have not accepted anything," said the 36-year-old.
Meanwhile, Vidya, who is currently promoting her film ‘Bobby Jasoos’, is all praise for the movie`s producer Dia Mirza.
"She is great with taking care of the unit. We completed the film in 50 days and no one ever cribbed about their work. Dia managed the work beautifully and respects the unit," Vidya said.
The film is directed by Samar Sheikh.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Cannes 2016: Guess who Sonam Kapoor plans to take along?
- People often think I am Bengali: Vidya Balan
- Confirmed: Sehban Azim and Jennifer Winget not in a relationship!
- This viral puzzle is making the internet go crazy! Can you solve this?
- Amar Singh a friend, has right to say anything: Amitabh Bachchan
- 'TE3N' trailer: Amitabh Bachchan, Nawazuddin Siddiqui, Vidya Balan team up to decode a mystery – Watch
- Katrina Kaif’s astonishing weight loss no game for 'Jagga Jasoos' makers!
- Aishwarya Rai Bachchan to skip amfAR Gala for 'Sarbjit'
- Want 'Sarbjit' to release in Pakistan: Omung Kumar
- Hollywood bound? Deepika Padukone auditions for role in Tom Cruise starrer 'The Mummy'