Jacqueline Fernandez consciously choosing only big films
Mumbai: Sri Lankan-born Bollywood actress Jacqueline Fernandez, who was last seen in ‘Race 2’, has a set plan for herself. She says her priority is to be associated with only "big" movies.
"It is amazing when your movies do well and you feel great, not just for yourself but for everyone involved in the film. Right now I am pretty much focused on doing big movies and movies which I`ll feel will do well at the box office," the 27-year-old said here Sunday at the Hello! Classic Derby Race.
"So much hard work goes into making a movie. It is disappointing when it does not go well. Right now I am consciously making sure that I am a part of big movies," she added.
Her latest release ‘Race 2’, which hit the screens Jan 25, has already become the first film of the year to enter Rs.100 crore club by grossing Rs.100.45 crore.
However, Jacqueline said that by doing a "big" movie, she did not imply "big budget".
"It is not about the budget. A budget has nothing to do with how well a movie will do. It is just being affiliated with people who know cinema, who understand cinema and those who can make the movie larger than life that can reach out to masses," Jacqueline said.
Former Miss Sri Lanka, Jacqueline made her Bollywood debut with ‘Aladin’ in 2009 and was later seen in ‘Jaane Kahan Se Aayi Hai’.
She then did an item song in Sajid Khan`s ‘Housefull’.
Her next film was Bhatt camp`s ‘Murder 2’, followed by a role in Sajid Khan`s ‘Housefull 2’.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sonam Kapoor looks ravishing in Shantanu & Nikhil design!
- Non-bailable warrant against 'Bigg Boss 10' contestant Om Swami cancelled!
- Birthday special: Seven times Jimmy Shergill’s on-screen characters defined life!
- Kumkum Bhagya - Episode 726: Pragya slams evil trio Alia, Tanu & Nikhil
- Preity Zinta's cousin brother shoots himself in Shimla, police recover suicide notes
- Opening day Box Office collections of Vidya Balan's 'Kahaani 2' are out!
- Box Office report: Shah Rukh Khan, Alia Bhatt's 'Dear Zindagi' to cross Rs 50 crore mark today!
- Mahira Khan's role chopped in big Bollywood debut 'Raees'—Here's all you need to know
- Sonam Kapoor to play Madhuri Dixit in Sanjay Dutt's biopic?
- Here's how Ranbir Kapoor will be transformed to Sanjay Dutt for Rajkumar Hirani's biopic!