Jacqueline Fernandez to star opposite Salman Khan in `Kick`
Zee Media Bureau
New Delhi: Jacqueline Fernandez, who is currently in headlines because of her break-up with director Sajid Khan, has reportedly bagged Sajid Nadiadwala’s upcoming movie ‘Kick’.
According to a leading daily, Jacqueline faced a tough competition from Deepika Padukone, who was expected to be the one working with Salman Khan in the movie.
The former Kingfisher calendar girl marked her debut in Bollywood opposite Shah Rukh Khan in the movie ‘Om Shanti Om’ and after working with King Khan she sought this opportunity to work opposite Salman.
Padukone had been reportedly making her desperation to be a part of ‘Kick’ pretty obvious, but Fernandez bagged the deal all thanks to her striking performance in the movie ‘Race 2’.
"Also, Nadiadwala wanted someone who could give four-five months to the project at a stretch," a source said.
The source also said that Fernandez signed Nadiadwala’s directorial debut on Saturday evening, and the director has apparently confirmed that she would be playing the leading lady opposite Salman in his film.
Well, we just hope that Jackie and Sallu’s unique pairing give a strong ‘kick’start to the film’s publicity.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Tough streak takes leap! Sonakshi Sinha smashes in 'Force 2' poster- Check out
- Herry Tangiri shed 15 kg to play Yuvraj Singh in the biopic 'M.S. Dhoni: The Untold Story'!
- Pakistani film industry may suffer 70% loss if Indo-Pak ties worsen
- 'Tum Bin 2' not a sequel: Anubhav Sinha
- Madhur Bhandarkar's next against backdrop of 1975 emergency!