‘Jai Ho’ review: A treat for Salman Khan fans
Most of Salman Khan’s films have been thorough entertainers. His previous films - ‘Wanted’, ‘Dabangg’, ‘Bodyguard’, ‘Ek Tha Tiger’ and ‘Dabangg 2’- did great business at the Box Office and ‘Jai Ho’ may prove to be even better.
Directed by Sohail Khan, ‘Jai Ho’ is an absolute entertainer with a thought provoking message.
The title of the film is apt. The central character `Jai` played by Salman Khan is a suspended army officer, who dares to fight against the unjust and the powerful. He believes in extending a helping hand to those in need and dreams of a prosperous nation where everyone steps forward to help each other.
His sister Geeta (played by Tabu) knows his strengths and takes pride in having a sibling like him. His thick friends (played by Yash Tonk and Ashmit Patel) follow in his footsteps and are ever ready to assist him or anyone in times of need.
The whole film revolves around the idea of extending a helping hand to those in need and asking them to return favours by helping three other people and taking the chain forward.
With ‘Jai Ho’, Salman Khan has been able to deliver one of the best performances of his career and convey a very simple yet a strong message through this highly entertaining movie.
The film endorses the belief that even one man can make a difference if he determines to do so. It is all about the power of the common man aka the aam aadmi.
Debutant Daisy Shah, as expected, had very little to contribute to the film but the newbie does have a strong screen presence. She may need meaty roles in future to prove her acting credentials but looked quite good in the film.
Tabu as `Geeta` and veteran theatre personality Nadira Babbar as Jai’s mother have been fabulous. They personified strength and support a man seeks from his family. Tabu comes across as a fiery woman who believes in making a noise against the tyrants.
You will be surprised to see a number of popular and renowned faces essaying character roles in the film. Genelia D’Souza comes across as a handicapped girl and Vikas Bhalla as her brother, Mahesh Manjrekar as an auto rickshaw driver, Mohnish Behl as the Chief Minister, Danny Denzogpa as the Home Minister, Mukul Dev as Denzogpa’s son-in-law, Tulip Joshi, Varun Badola, Aditya Pancholi, Pulkit Samrat, comedian Sudesh Lehri and last but not the least, Suniel Shetty as an army officer.
The film also features ‘Bigg Boss’ fame Santosh Shukla and Sana Khan portraying significant roles.
Unlike Salman’s previous films, ‘Jai Ho’ isn’t a typical masala movie. However, Sohail does take cinematic liberty here and there, which in a way, can be brushed aside, considering the main theme of the film.
The action sequences are really good and why wouldn’t they be? After all it’s about good man Salman Khan roughing up those who are bad. If you are a Salman Khan fan, then you are bound to blow wolf-whistles.
The music in the film has its share of pluses and minuses. The song ‘Apna Kaam Banta’ is a combination of foot-tapping music and some hard hitting lyrics.
‘Tere Naina’ is melodious and will remind you of ‘Tere Mast Mast Do Nain’ and ‘Tera Naina Bade Daghabaaz Re’ from ‘Dabangg’ and ‘Dabangg 2’ respectively. But the other numbers are just above average.
The dialogues are simple and connect well with the audiences. The action sequences have been shot well and the cinematography is clean and impressive.
Kudos to the Khan brothers for pulling off a film like ‘Jai Ho’.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Robert Downey Jr travels with his furniture
- Hundreds say farewell at funeral for blues great BB King
- Kim Kardashian is a great wing woman: Paris Hilton
- 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns' breaks into Rs 100 crore club
- Vidya Balan turns down Suchitra Sen biopic
- Disney pulls plug on 'Tron 3'
- 21 European films to be screened in Kolkata
- Mamata Banerjee remembers Rituparno Ghosh as West Bengal's pride
- Iggy Azalea cancels tour
- 'Ishqedarriyaan' review: An oft-seen love story
- Chris Brown sometimes hated himself
- Chris Brown sometimes hated himself
- Nicki Minaj particular about sex
- Taylor Swift accepts she isn't 'overtly sexy'
- 'Share your Plate' campaign to aid underprivileged kids
- Regional cuisines to dominate in coming year: Chef Sanjay Thomas
- David Gandy to quit modelling
- Ian Somerhalder refuses to pose for fans
- Kate Moss feels she's as famous as Katie Price
- I looked in the mirror and hated the person I see: Chris Brown
- Dyeing hair makes men look older: George Clooney
- Pharrell Williams buys USD 7m Hollywood Hills home
- Street food in Delhi contains high levels of faecal matter
- Watch: ISIS prisoner digging his own grave
- 50 percent refund on Tatkal ticket cancellation
- UP: Govt to distribute free sanitary napkins to all girls in school
- Delhi HC turns down plea challenging LG Jung's authority
- DNA: Blow to Kejriwal, Delhi High Court backs LG
- IIT Madras bans Dalit students forum for 'criticising' PM Modi
- DNA: Exploitation of migrant workers in Qatar
- Radioactive nuclear medicine leak detected at Delhi's IGI Airport
- IIT Madras row: Smriti Irani hits back, challenges Rahul Gandhi to a debate
- MHA notification: SC issues notice to Delhi govt
- Railways may hike AC class fares from June 1, 2015
- Protests outside IIT-Madras against ban on students' group
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 29, 2015
- Special: Heart-wrenching tales of elderly people in old age homes
- Delhi HC backs LG, turns down plea challenging Jung's authority
- WB Class 12 (HS) Result 2015 declared on wbresults.nic.in, wbchse.nic.in
- No radioactive leak at IGI airport, say AERB and Delhi govt
- Log on to wbresults.nic.in, wbchse.nic.in for WB Class 12 (HS) Result 2015 WBCHSE
- Twitter war over IIT Madras row: Smriti Irani challenges Rahul Gandhi to debate over any issue, anywhere
- Bihar board 12th Arts result to be declared today soon
- BSEB (biharboard.ac.in & biharboard.bih.nic.in): Bihar board 12th Arts result to be declared tomorrow on May 30
- Dangerous levels of toxins in Delhi's air as heat and dust intensify
- Maggi noodles controversy: Case to be filed against Nestle in UP today
- US formally removes Cuba from terror blacklist in landmark move
- Top 5 places to eat in Delhi University's campuses
- Arrival of Monsoon over Kerala delayed by 2-3 days: Met Department
- Govt committed to One Rank, One Pension: PM Narendra Modi
- Log on to ahsec.nic.in: AHSEC 12th Result 2015 to be announced today at 10 am
- If Congress was pro-poor, why does poverty still exist in India, asks PM Narendra Modi