‘Jai Ho’ review: A treat for Salman Khan fans
Most of Salman Khan’s films have been thorough entertainers. His previous films - ‘Wanted’, ‘Dabangg’, ‘Bodyguard’, ‘Ek Tha Tiger’ and ‘Dabangg 2’- did great business at the Box Office and ‘Jai Ho’ may prove to be even better.
Directed by Sohail Khan, ‘Jai Ho’ is an absolute entertainer with a thought provoking message.
The title of the film is apt. The central character `Jai` played by Salman Khan is a suspended army officer, who dares to fight against the unjust and the powerful. He believes in extending a helping hand to those in need and dreams of a prosperous nation where everyone steps forward to help each other.
His sister Geeta (played by Tabu) knows his strengths and takes pride in having a sibling like him. His thick friends (played by Yash Tonk and Ashmit Patel) follow in his footsteps and are ever ready to assist him or anyone in times of need.
The whole film revolves around the idea of extending a helping hand to those in need and asking them to return favours by helping three other people and taking the chain forward.
With ‘Jai Ho’, Salman Khan has been able to deliver one of the best performances of his career and convey a very simple yet a strong message through this highly entertaining movie.
The film endorses the belief that even one man can make a difference if he determines to do so. It is all about the power of the common man aka the aam aadmi.
Debutant Daisy Shah, as expected, had very little to contribute to the film but the newbie does have a strong screen presence. She may need meaty roles in future to prove her acting credentials but looked quite good in the film.
Tabu as `Geeta` and veteran theatre personality Nadira Babbar as Jai’s mother have been fabulous. They personified strength and support a man seeks from his family. Tabu comes across as a fiery woman who believes in making a noise against the tyrants.
You will be surprised to see a number of popular and renowned faces essaying character roles in the film. Genelia D’Souza comes across as a handicapped girl and Vikas Bhalla as her brother, Mahesh Manjrekar as an auto rickshaw driver, Mohnish Behl as the Chief Minister, Danny Denzogpa as the Home Minister, Mukul Dev as Denzogpa’s son-in-law, Tulip Joshi, Varun Badola, Aditya Pancholi, Pulkit Samrat, comedian Sudesh Lehri and last but not the least, Suniel Shetty as an army officer.
The film also features ‘Bigg Boss’ fame Santosh Shukla and Sana Khan portraying significant roles.
Unlike Salman’s previous films, ‘Jai Ho’ isn’t a typical masala movie. However, Sohail does take cinematic liberty here and there, which in a way, can be brushed aside, considering the main theme of the film.
The action sequences are really good and why wouldn’t they be? After all it’s about good man Salman Khan roughing up those who are bad. If you are a Salman Khan fan, then you are bound to blow wolf-whistles.
The music in the film has its share of pluses and minuses. The song ‘Apna Kaam Banta’ is a combination of foot-tapping music and some hard hitting lyrics.
‘Tere Naina’ is melodious and will remind you of ‘Tere Mast Mast Do Nain’ and ‘Tera Naina Bade Daghabaaz Re’ from ‘Dabangg’ and ‘Dabangg 2’ respectively. But the other numbers are just above average.
The dialogues are simple and connect well with the audiences. The action sequences have been shot well and the cinematography is clean and impressive.
Kudos to the Khan brothers for pulling off a film like ‘Jai Ho’.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I'm not retiring from acting: Patrick Dempsey
- Akshay Kumar looks dapper in first selfie, poses shirtless
- Simon Cowell sued by former 'The X Factor' contestant
- `Tanu Weds Manu Returns` creating magic at Box Office
- Pawan Kalyan sports bearded look for 'Gabbar Singh 2'
- Jacques Audiard's "Dheepan" wins Palme d'Or at Cannes
- Suriya pushed me towards excellence: Venkat Prabhu
- Ben Stiller's mother dies at 85
- U2 dedicate pride song to gay marriage voters in Ireland
- Naomi Campbell celebrates 45th birthday in Cannes
- Actress-comedian Anne Meara dies
- `Tanu Weds Manu Returns` creating magic at Box Office
- 'Tomorrowland' tops North American box office
- First Look: Striking and suave Irrfan Khan in 'Jazbaa'
- French immigration thriller bags Cannes Palme d'Or
- Rooney Mara, Emmanuelle Bercot share Cannes best actress award
- 'Mohenjodaro' wraps up 101 days of shoot in Bhuj
- 'Dil Dhadakne Do' a world-class film: Anil Kapoor
- 'Andaaz' clocks 12 years; Priyanka Chopra, Lara Dutta nostalgic
- HC's interim stay on release of film 'Phir Se'
- Farhan Akhtar puts vanilla icecream face pack to coax pet dog to lick
- 'Piku' still shining bright at the Box Office
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Aspiring for more than what you have!
- ISIS to buy first nuclear weapon from Pak?
- Mumbai: CCTV captures assailant with gun at Film City
- Mathura SSP receives death threat letter, message for PM Modi
- BJP now central pole of Indian politics: Arun Jaitley
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- Zee Media exclusive chat with 'Welcome to Karachi' cast
- Zee Media exclusive interview with Haryana CM Manohar Lal Khattar
- Haridwar: Hotel Radisson Blu sealed for polluting Ganga
- Girl in Punjab's Pathankot quit studies for fear of eve-teasing
- Special: Furious over rising water crisis, people take to the streets
- UP Minister allegedly threatens, abuses Gonda businessman
- Manali: Heavy corruption found in environmental taxes
- Couple in Bihar asked to pay Rs 50,000 as 'tax' for inter-caste marriage
- IPL 2015 Final: MI vs CSK - As it happened...
- IPL 8 Final: We need to be at our best against Mumbai, says Michael Hussey
- Heatwave leaves 153 dead in Telangana, Andhra Pradesh
- Heatwave continues in North India; death toll in Andhra Pradesh, Telangana more than 400
- Heatwave kills 223 in AP, Telangana, Chandrababu Naidu announces compensation; Delhi records hottest day
- CBSE.nic.in 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board (cbseresults.nic.in) Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced on May 25
- 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns' starts on a good note at the Box Office!
- CBSE 12th Result 2015 to be announced on Monday
- Death threat to PM Narendra Modi ahead of Mathura rally sends police into tizzy
- Organisation demands re-examination of AIPMT 2015
- Standoff with LG: Arvind Kejriwal calls emergency session of Delhi Assembly
- Kejriwal completes 100 days in office, AAP says centre 'shadow boxing' over row with LG
- IPL 2015 final: Mumbai Indians thrash Chennai Super Kings by 41 runs to lift second title
- CBSE Class 12th Board Results 2015 to be announced on Monday, May 25
- Top 5 shopping destinations in Delhi!