Janaki`s Bakrapur chosen for Mumbai film fest
Chennai: National award winning filmmaker Janaki Vishwanathan`s maiden Hindi movie "Bakrapur" has been selected for the Mumbai International Film Festival.
The festival is being held from October 17 to 24, Vishwanathan told reporters.
Bakrapur has an unusual protagonist - a goat named `Shah Rukh`.
The 90-minute film scripted and directed by Vishwanathan stars Anshuman Jha, Asif Basra, Faiz Khan, Shameen Khan and Suruchi Aulakh.
The movie is a social-political satire set against the backdrop of rural India. It dwells, at the primary level, on the relationship between eight-year old Zulfi and his pet goat Shah Rukh.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Amid political tensions, three-tiered security for Oscars
- 'Lion' significantly talks about child adoption: Priyanka Bose
- It's Shahid Kapoor's birthday! Let's take a look at his TOP 5 roles
- Rangoon box office collections: Kangana, Shahid and Saif starrer witnesses slow start!
- 'Lipstick Under My Burkha': CBFC cites 'audio pornography', 'abusive words' reasons to refuse certification