John Abraham loses weight for `Madras Cafe`
Mumbai: Actor-producer John Abraham, who is known for his perfect body, had to shed weight for his forthcoming film ‘Madras Café’.
The film is a political-thriller and has been directed by Shoojit Sircar. The story deals with terrorism and civil war and was reportedly shot in Sri Lanka and India.
"I had asked John to lose weight for this film and he did that. If he stands in a crowd he should not stand out he should look like one of them as he is not hero in the film. Heroism of the film is the content and not John," Sircar said.
"You will see a new John in this film," he added.
Sircar, who has worked with John in his previous project ‘Vicky Donor’, says that they now share a great relationship.
"Now we are good friends its a good relationship. We are planning for few more films together. We want to take this relationship ahead he never interferes in my work and its vise versa. I don`t know marketing so he takes care of it," he said.
‘Madras Café’ is slated to release August 23.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trailer OUT! John Abraham-Sonakshi Sinha starrer 'Force 2' celebrates the real heroes of India!
- Mahendra Singh Dhoni biopic not banned, says Pakistan's CBFC chief
- Arjun Kapoor and Shraddha Kapoor relive their very own 'DDLJ' moment! View PIC
- Ranbir Kapoor, Anushka Sharma are glowing in GOLD! PIC will make you drool
- NO Kajol in Karan Johar's 'Ae Dil Hai Mushkil'? Hot Scoop