John Abraham ready to screen `Madras Cafe`, but won`t accept protests
Mumbai: Prior to its release, actor-producer John Abraham is ready to screen his forthcoming film ‘Madras Café’, which deals with the Sri Lankan conflict in the 1980s, to those who have objections. But he says he won`t accept any protests against it.
"There have been a lot of enquiries from ruling parties and the opposition parties and the interest has increased and they want to see the film. We are ready to show it to them, but only when they watch it as viewers," the 40-year-old said here Friday in an interview.
"We may have a preview a day before the release like it normally happens. We don`t have any issues showing the film to them. But if someone protests and puts a gun to our head and says we will decide on its release after seeing it, we won`t accept that. I will not accept it, no one messes with us like that," he added.
‘Naam Thamizhar’ (We Tamils), a Tamil activist group, sought a ban on the movie for reportedly portraying Liberation Tigers of Tamil Eelam (LTTE) members as terrorists.
Director Shoojit Sircar seconds John. He says the Central Board of Film Certification (CBFC) has cleared the film and he hopes no one exploits it for their political gains.
"We have shown the film to the censor board, the biggest democratic body and they have cleared us. I think we should trust them and if someone wants to see the film, we will definitely show it to them," Sircar said.
"But I don`t want anyone to exploit it for their political gains. Watch the film and then talk to us on a public platform, we are ready to talk," he added.
‘Madras Café’ also stars Nargis Fakhri in the role of a war journalist, while John plays an undercover army officer.
The film hits theatres Aug 23.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns' breaks into Rs 100 crore club
- Vidya Balan turns down Suchitra Sen biopic
- Disney pulls plug on 'Tron 3'
- 21 European films to be screened in Kolkata
- Mamata Banerjee remembers Rituparno Ghosh as West Bengal's pride
- Iggy Azalea cancels tour
- 'Ishqedarriyaan' review: An oft-seen love story
- Chris Brown sometimes hated himself
- Emilia Clarke called 'Dragon Lady' in shops
- Kangana Ranaut inaugurates first Gap store in India
- Nicki Minaj particular about sex
- Iggy Azalea cancels tour
- Levine's throat problem cancels 'Maroon 5' concert
- Adele is going to be me in 40 years: Stevie Nicks
- Mother's death made me a musician: Bono
- Sonu Nigam teams up with Sandesh Shandilya for 'Chalk n Duster'
- 'Entourage' soundtrack out in June
- Getting perfect pitch possible for some adult musicians
- Taylor Swift concert wristband save three teenagers' lives
- Jason Derulo unveils new album
- Happy Mondays making music with tribes
- Musical tribute to Noor Jehan, but with a twist
- Street food in Delhi contains high levels of faecal matter
- Watch: ISIS prisoner digging his own grave
- 50 percent refund on Tatkal ticket cancellation
- UP: Govt to distribute free sanitary napkins to all girls in school
- Delhi HC turns down plea challenging LG Jung's authority
- DNA: Blow to Kejriwal, Delhi High Court backs LG
- IIT Madras bans Dalit students forum for 'criticising' PM Modi
- DNA: Exploitation of migrant workers in Qatar
- Radioactive nuclear medicine leak detected at Delhi's IGI Airport
- IIT Madras row: Smriti Irani hits back, challenges Rahul Gandhi to a debate
- MHA notification: SC issues notice to Delhi govt
- Railways may hike AC class fares from June 1, 2015
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 29, 2015
- Protests outside IIT-Madras against ban on students' group
- Special: Heart-wrenching tales of elderly people in old age homes
- Delhi HC backs LG, turns down plea challenging Jung's authority
- WB Class 12 (HS) Result 2015 declared on wbresults.nic.in, wbchse.nic.in
- No radioactive leak at IGI airport, say AERB and Delhi govt
- Log on to wbresults.nic.in, wbchse.nic.in for WB Class 12 (HS) Result 2015 WBCHSE
- Twitter war over IIT Madras row: Smriti Irani challenges Rahul Gandhi to debate over any issue, anywhere
- Bihar board 12th Arts result to be declared today soon
- BSEB (biharboard.ac.in & biharboard.bih.nic.in): Bihar board 12th Arts result to be declared tomorrow on May 30
- Dangerous levels of toxins in Delhi's air as heat and dust intensify
- Maggi noodles controversy: Case to be filed against Nestle in UP today
- US formally removes Cuba from terror blacklist in landmark move
- Top 5 places to eat in Delhi University's campuses
- Arrival of Monsoon over Kerala delayed by 2-3 days: Met Department
- Log on to ahsec.nic.in: AHSEC 12th Result 2015 to be announced today at 10 am
- Govt committed to One Rank, One Pension: PM Narendra Modi
- If Congress was pro-poor, why does poverty still exist in India, asks PM Narendra Modi