John Abraham ready to screen `Madras Cafe`, but won`t accept protests
Mumbai: Prior to its release, actor-producer John Abraham is ready to screen his forthcoming film ‘Madras Café’, which deals with the Sri Lankan conflict in the 1980s, to those who have objections. But he says he won`t accept any protests against it.
"There have been a lot of enquiries from ruling parties and the opposition parties and the interest has increased and they want to see the film. We are ready to show it to them, but only when they watch it as viewers," the 40-year-old said here Friday in an interview.
"We may have a preview a day before the release like it normally happens. We don`t have any issues showing the film to them. But if someone protests and puts a gun to our head and says we will decide on its release after seeing it, we won`t accept that. I will not accept it, no one messes with us like that," he added.
‘Naam Thamizhar’ (We Tamils), a Tamil activist group, sought a ban on the movie for reportedly portraying Liberation Tigers of Tamil Eelam (LTTE) members as terrorists.
Director Shoojit Sircar seconds John. He says the Central Board of Film Certification (CBFC) has cleared the film and he hopes no one exploits it for their political gains.
"We have shown the film to the censor board, the biggest democratic body and they have cleared us. I think we should trust them and if someone wants to see the film, we will definitely show it to them," Sircar said.
"But I don`t want anyone to exploit it for their political gains. Watch the film and then talk to us on a public platform, we are ready to talk," he added.
‘Madras Café’ also stars Nargis Fakhri in the role of a war journalist, while John plays an undercover army officer.
The film hits theatres Aug 23.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Himesh Reshammiya, Iulia Vantur join forces for 'Every Night And Day' from 'Aap Se Mausiiquii'
- Karan Johar opens up about his love life!
- Sonam Kapoor looks ravishing in Shantanu & Nikhil design!
- Non-bailable warrant against 'Bigg Boss 10' contestant Om Swami cancelled!
- Birthday special: Seven times Jimmy Shergill’s on-screen characters defined life!
- Opening day Box Office collections of Vidya Balan's 'Kahaani 2' are out!
- Box Office report: Shah Rukh Khan, Alia Bhatt's 'Dear Zindagi' nears Rs 50 crore mark
- Mahira Khan's role chopped in big Bollywood debut 'Raees'—Here's all you need to know
- Sonam Kapoor to play Madhuri Dixit in Sanjay Dutt's biopic?
- Here's how Ranbir Kapoor will be transformed into Sanjay Dutt for Baba's biopic!