John Abraham teams up with Viacom 18 for new productions
New Delhi: Actor John Abraham has joined hands with Viacom 18 Motion Pictures to co-produce "Jaffna" and "Hamara Bajaj", his next projects as producer.
John, 39, made his production debut with director Shoojit Sircar`s directorial "Vicky Donor" this year. The movie was a sleeper hit, and earned rave reviews.
Sircar is also directing both "Jaffna" and "Hamara Bajaj".
"Vicky Donor" was co-produced by John and Eros Entertainment, but Sircar had expressed his resentment with the production banner for not sending the movie for even consideration when a jury was selecting India`s official entry for the Oscars.
If sources are to be believed, John feels Viacom 18 has done justice to both big budget and even smaller budget, concept-based films like "Kahaani", "Gangs Of Wasseypur" and "OMG: Oh My God!", which have done well at the box office.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Gautam Gulati wear his dancing shoes for 'Jhalak Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa'?
- 'Dishoom' POSTER OUT! Jacqueline rides with Varun Dhawan, John Abraham
- Are Kareena Kapoor and Saif Ali Khan expecting their first child?
- 'Noor' First look: Sonakshi Sinha in journo avatar!
- Genelia and Riteish Deshmukh welcome second bundle of joy