John Abraham’s ‘I, Me Aur Main’, RGV’s ‘The Attacks of 26/11’ tepid at the BO
Delhi: The two films that released on March 1, 2013, ‘I, Me Aur Main’ and ‘The Attacks of 26/11’ have both not managed to make an impact at the box office. While debutant director Kapil Sharma’s ‘I, Me Aur Main’, starring John Abraham, Chitrangda Singh and Prachi Desai has been faring a bit well as far as the cash registers are concerned; Ram Gopal Varma’s tribute to the November 26, 2008 Mumbai attacks has been lukewarm.
According to trade analysts, ‘The Attacks of 26/11’ has been able to gross around Rs. 5.25 crores in the opening weekend and has performed slightly well in the Southern part of the country and Maharashtra. On the other hand, ‘I, Me Aur Main’ has been able to garner an amount of 5.4 crores approximately in its first weekend.
‘Kai Po Che!’, meanwhile, has performed well at the box office. The film, despite a slow start, gathered momentum largely owing to critical acclaim and word of mouth. The Abhishek Kapoor film hit the theatres February 22.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Why did Deepika Padukone make fun of Ranbir Kapoor?
- Sonakshi Sinha burns Twitter trolls for calling her ugly and it's epic!
- People think I want publicity from talking about Jiah Khan: Sooraj
- Athiya Shetty is 'biggest support' for Sooraj Pancholi
- There is no replacement for Akshay Kumar: Anees Bazmee