Johnny Lever can`t stay away from comedy
Kolkata: Assuring fans that his role as a CID officer in the forthcoming action thriller ‘Enemmy’ will provide adequate humour, popular Bollywood comedian Johnny Lever Thursday said he cannot stay away from comedy.
"Mai comedy se dur nehi reh sakta (I can`t stay away from comedy). Yes, you will see me doing adequate comedy in the action thriller. This role will show that even a person who makes others laugh can get angry," Lever told reporters here at a promotion for his forthcoming flick "Enemmy".
Directed by Ashu Trikha, "Enemmy" is a cop action drama, which features Mithun Chakraborty and actor Suneil Shetty in lead roles. Also, Mithun`s son Mahaakshay plays a CID officer in the film.
Lever has played endearing characters providing comic relief in films like "Kaho Naa Pyar Hai", "Kuch Kuch Hota Hai", "Golmaal 3" and "Yamla Pagla Deewana" among others.
"I definitely want to work in comedy films, as you see I look more like a comedian. The audience also likes me in that way and even if I am not delivering any dialogue my face makes them laugh," said Lever.
Slated to release June 21, "Enemmy" also features Kay Kay Menon and Yuvika Chaudhary of "Om Shanti Om" fame.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Juhi Chawla slams item numbers for commercialisation of women
- 'Pink' Box Office collections: Amitabh Bachchan, Taapsee Pannu starrer mints Rs 53.10 cr!
- Victoria Leeds is NOT Alex Parrish, reveals Priyanka Chopra on her 'Baywatch' character—Full story inside
- '31st October' already a landmark for me: Soha Ali Khan
- Varun Dhawan working with Amitabh Bachchan? Nah, it's a rumour!