Kamal Hassan aims for international benchmark with new flick
Kuala Lumpur: Kamal Hassan is hoping to grasp international audience with his big-budget thriller ‘Vishwaroopam’.
Written, directed and produced by the 58-year-old actor, who also stars in it, the film is already making waves with its slick trailer - featuring multiple exotic locations and what appears to be a terrorism plot.
Hassan described his movie as one of the biggest ones in his career thus far, with a budget of roughly 53,300,000 Malaysian ringgit.
“It’s an international story, and we wanted to a film that looks excellent. If we’ve met that international benchmark, we’ve done our jobs,” the Star Online quoted him as saying.
The film has already chalked up a number of achievements, such as being one of the first few films in the world to be equipped with the Auro 3D sound format, and the first Indian film to be releasing 3,000 prints worldwide.
In addition to Hassan, the film also features debutante actress Pooja Kumar, Rahul Bose and Andrea Jeremiah.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ranveer Singh goes gaga over Anushka Sharma!
- Shahid Kapoor reaches the 6 million mark on Twitter!
- Bombay High Court likely to hear Salman Khan's travel plea on Tuesday
- 'Peterson Hill' set relocated
- Salman Khan's `Bajrangi Bhaijaan` teaser to be out in two days?
- Salman Khan attends sister Arpita Khan's wedding reception in Mandi
- Shield hair from monsoon humidity
- `Piku' crosses Rs 100 crore mark worldwide
- Aamir Khan visits Sonam Kapoor on the sets of 'Neerja'
- Rolling Stones kick off 'Zip Code' stadium tour in San Diego
- Katy Perry's gigs are mental: Charli XCX
- Christmas celebrations back home
- Shahenshah at 70: The Big B Reinvention!
- As Beatles comes alive, so does the India connect!
- United Art Fair 2012: An overwhelming artistry celebration
- Akshay is perfect as Lord Krishna: Paresh Rawal
- In Bollywood you do not retire but simply expire!
- “Lord Krishna’s character has shades of grey”
- Salman bhai loved ‘Mashallah’, was excited about it: Wajid Khan
- Bollywood is like Indian culture; it is all-accepting: Rahul Ram
- Pakistani filmmaker keen to make film on cross-border social issues
- Karisma cried after watching 'Heroine': Kareena Kapoor
- Zee Media exclusive chat with 'Welcome to Karachi' cast
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Zee Media exclusive interview with Haryana CM Manohar Lal Khattar
- UP Minister allegedly threatens, abuses Gonda businessman
- Manali: Heavy corruption found in environmental taxes
- Five unmanned parachutes spotted over Mumbai airport
- UP: Jammu-bound Muri Express derails in Kaushambi
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 24, 2015
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man?
- Jaipur girl Mini Rajpal wins Miss India Deaf 2015!
- Dawood's intercepted phone calls prove yet again he is in Pakistan
- Mumbai architecture creates double decker bus from scrap!
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man? Part-2
- CBSE Board Class 12th Exam Results 2015 declared
- IPL 2015 Final: MI vs CSK - As it happened...
- CBSE.nic.in 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board (cbseresults.nic.in) Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced on May 25
- Heatwave continues in North India; death toll in Andhra Pradesh, Telangana more than 400
- IPL 2015 final: Mumbai Indians thrash Chennai Super Kings by 41 runs to lift second title
- Heatwave claims over 550 lives so far, Delhi saw hottest day
- LIVE - Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced shortly
- Check cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 12 result 2015
- Kejriwal completes 100 days in office, AAP says centre 'shadow boxing' over row with LG
- Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 declared
- Mathura rally: PM Modi slams 'corrupt' UPA regime, lauds NDA govt's efforts in past one year
- Two dead, over 100 injured as Muri Express derails in UP; Prabhu announces Rs 2 lakhs ex-gratia for kin of dead
- Online filing of applications for UPSC civil services exam begins
- Not just today, Muslims feeling alienated since 1947: Najma Heptulla
- CBSE Class 12 results out: Here's how you can check
- Pakistan criticizes Defence Minister Parrikar's terrorism remarks