Kangana was first and last choice for `Queen`: Vikas Bahl
Mumbai: Filmmaker Vikas Bahl, who has roped in Kangana Ranaut to play the protagonist in his film ‘Queen’, says he didn`t consider any other actress to play a married girl who goes on a honeymoon without her spouse.
Bahl said: "I always wanted Kangana for the film. Kangana was the first and last choice for `Queen` because Kangana is a very bright girl and she has added value to her role."
Known for her psychotic roles in "Woh Lamhe" and "Fashion", Kangana plays a typical Punjabi girl in the film and Bahl is confident that she will look convincing on the screen. Rajkumar Rao plays the male lead in the film.
"Kangana is apt for the role. If she plays an alcoholic woman, we feel she is alcoholic in real life. If she plays a psychotic role, we feel this is how she is in real life, and this is her beauty. Whatever she does on the screen, it looks very real and I wanted someone like that."
Kangana`s last release was ‘Rajjo’ and in the film she played the title role, but the film flopped.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rakesh Roshan will watch 'Kaabil' again, but won't see 'Raees'
- Academy awards 2017: Complete list of Oscar nominations is here!
- Raees: Reasons why the Shah Rukh Khan starrer is a MUST WATCH
- Hrithik Roshan’s ‘Kaabil’: Bollywood hails film with ‘captivating storyline’
- Shahid Kapoor shares new still from ‘Rangoon’ and it is incredibly intense!