Kanwar was obsessed with films: Shekhar Kapur
Mumbai: Acclaimed filmmaker Shekhar Kapur remembers producer-director Raj Kanwar, who passed away Friday, as a "kid obsessed with films".
"At funeral of Raj Kanwar who`s first job was my assistant and went on to make many successful films. Still remember him as a kid obsessed with films," the 66-year-old tweeted. Kanwar`s last rites took place Sunday.
Kanwar, who died in Singapore after suffering a kidney ailment, gave big breaks to Shah Rukh Khan and Priyanka Chopra with his films 'Deewana' and 'Andaaz' respectively.
He also directed 'Judaai', 'Jeet', 'Badal' and 'Laadla' and his last work was 'Sadiyaan' that had Rishi Kapoor, Hema Malini and Rekha in the cast.
Kapur also remembered the day when Kanwar`s family members were killed in the riots following prime minister Indira Gandhi`s assassination in 1984.
"15 members of Raj Kanwar`s family were massacred in riots after Indira Gandhi`s assassination. I was with him that day, now at his funeral," he wrote.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Priyanka Chopra's 'Quantico' to talk about Donald Trump, immigration policies
- Paul Walker was like an older brother to me: Scott Eastwood
- 'Bigg Boss 10' winner Manveer Gurjar is disappointed with Aakanksha Sharmaa! - Watch
- Salman Khan has always stood by me as friend: Raveena Tandon
- Sunil Grover OUT of 'The Kapil Sharma Show'? Here's the TRUTH
- Anushka Sharma and Diljit Dosanjh's 'Phillauri' makes Rs 12 cr ahead of its release! Here's how
- Lara Dutta Bhupathi to play a single mother in her next
- Vidya Balan was destined to do 'Begum Jaan': Srijit Mukherji
- 'Golmaal Again' team meets 'Smurfs: The Lost Village' and you have to see the PICTURE!
- Raveena Tandon's 'Maatr' first look poster OUT!