Kanwar was obsessed with films: Shekhar Kapur
Mumbai: Acclaimed filmmaker Shekhar Kapur remembers producer-director Raj Kanwar, who passed away Friday, as a "kid obsessed with films".
"At funeral of Raj Kanwar who`s first job was my assistant and went on to make many successful films. Still remember him as a kid obsessed with films," the 66-year-old tweeted. Kanwar`s last rites took place Sunday.
Kanwar, who died in Singapore after suffering a kidney ailment, gave big breaks to Shah Rukh Khan and Priyanka Chopra with his films 'Deewana' and 'Andaaz' respectively.
He also directed 'Judaai', 'Jeet', 'Badal' and 'Laadla' and his last work was 'Sadiyaan' that had Rishi Kapoor, Hema Malini and Rekha in the cast.
Kapur also remembered the day when Kanwar`s family members were killed in the riots following prime minister Indira Gandhi`s assassination in 1984.
"15 members of Raj Kanwar`s family were massacred in riots after Indira Gandhi`s assassination. I was with him that day, now at his funeral," he wrote.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Salman Khan has something to say to Ajay Devgn and Karan Johar
- Diwali Lakshmi Pujan 2016: Timings, Tithi and Vidhi
- Naraka Chaturdashi 2016: Choti Diwali Abhyang Snan timings, Tithi and Vidhi
- Celebrate 'love' this Diwali with Neha-Tony Kakkar's 'Khuda Bhi Jab'!
- Kumkum Bhagya - Episode 699: Alia successfully convinces Abhi to continue his relationship with Tanu
- Sanjay Dutt's comeback film 'Marco' to go on floors next year!
- Akshay Kumar, Taapsee Pannu wrap up Malaysia schedule of 'Naam Shabana'
- Ae Dil Hai Mushkil movie review: Ranbir Kapoor, Anushka Sharma starrer celebrates undying spirit of friendship
- Shivaay movie review: Defies gravity and conviction
- Ajay Devgn's 'Shivaay' audience review: Here's what Twitterati have to say