Karan Johar feels proud one year since `SOTY`
Mumbai: Filmmaker Karan Johar looks back at `Student Of The Year` (SOTY) with pride a year of its release. He says his "students" - Alia Bhatt, Sidharth Malhotra and Varun Dhawan, who made their Bollywood debut with the film, have made him proud.
SOTY released Oct 19, 2012.
"SOTY completes a year today! I am really proud of my three students and the entire cast and crew of this young, fun and special film of my career," Karan posted on Twitter Saturday.
The romantic-comedy revolves around the lives of three college students, who compete with each other for the title of `Student of the Year`.
The film proved to be a good launchpad for its three lead actors, who managed to pocket plum Bollywood projects post the film`s release.
Alia, daughter of filmmaker Mahesh Bhatt, will be seen in Imitiaz Ali`s `Highway` and Abhishek Verman`s `2 States`.
Thanking Karan, Alia tweeted: "SOTY completes one year and so do I.. one year since I`ve been in the industry! Thank you Karan Johar for giving us the perfect break."
Varun, who is the son of filmmaker David Dhawan, is working on his father`s `Main Tera Hero`, while model-turned-actor Sidharth has just finished shooting Hasee Toh Phasee`. He also has Ekta Kapoor`s `The Villain` in his kitty.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Angelina Jolie was drug-tested for 'Lara Croft'
- Meri Pyaari Bindu FIRST LOOK out! Parineeti Chopra and Ayushmann Khurrana set for a quirky tale
- Aamir Khan to sign a whopping Rs 20 cr 'Dangal' deal with Netflix?
- Salman Khan wraps up first schedule of 'Tiger Zinda Hai', bids goodbye to freezing Austria!
- Anushka Sharma – Diljit Dosanjh starrer ‘Phillauri’ keeps ‘spirits’ high, earns moderately at Box Office