Karan Johar plans to direct next in early 2014
Mumbai: Director-producer Karan Johar, currently caught up with several production ventures like ‘Gippi’ and ‘Yeh Jawaani Hai Deewani’, would direct a full length feature film next year.
"As a producer, there is so much on my plate. I will direct next year in February-March," he told IANS.
His last film as a director was college romance drama ‘Student Of The Year’, but the director refused to reveal the genre of his next.
However, he said: "To strike a balance between what is real and what is mainstream is the order of the day. I would like to do just that."
This year, Karan has directed one segment of "Bombay Talkies", a compilation of four films that is a tribute to the 100 years of Indian cinema.
Talking about the film, he said: "It`s an emotional film. There are songs and emotions (shown) in a different way. It is about relationships. There is no glamour. It is more real in that way."
His segment will see Rani Mukerji, Saqib Saleem and Randeep Hooda.
"I have no problem in working with stars, but that was not the demand for this film," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Peppy wedding song 'Tutti Bole Wedding Di' from 'Welcome Back'!
- Shedding extra kilos for my next role: Bhumi Pednekar
- Ayushmann happy over more women-oriented films
- Watch ‘Welcome Back’ trailer: Anil Kapoor, Nana Patekar steal the show!
- Salman's brother-in-law Aayush Sharma ready for his big Bollywood break?