Karan Johar`s three films go to Marrakech film fest
New Delhi: Three of Bollywood filmmaker Karan Johar`s films will be screened at the Marrakech International Film Festival, to be held Nov 30-Dec 8.
‘Kabhi Khushi Kabhie Gham’, released in 2001, will be screened on the opening night, and the event is expected to be attended by megastar Amitabh Bachchan and Karan himself.
On Dec 2, two of Karan`s latest films – ‘Agneepath’ and ‘Student Of The Year’ - will be screened. The director will be accompanied by veteran actor Rishi Kapoor for ‘Agneepath’ screening, while for ‘SOTY’ the filmmaker and his cast - Sidharth Malhotra, Alia Bhatt and Varun Dhawan - will be present.
He is happy with the selection of his movies.
"It`s a great tribute for the Indian film fraternity to be honoured at an international platform such as this. The fest also has a special emotional connect with me because my films, such as `Kabhi Khushi...` have a vast audience in Morocco," the 40-year-old said in a statement.
As Hindi cinema completes 100 years in 2013, the film fest officials have decided to pay a tribute to the industry. As a special gesture, they will screen some movies that made a mark this year as well as in the past.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Salman Khan thanks fans after acquittal in 18-year-old chinkara poaching cases
- 'Dishoom' to get shield against piracy
- Bikini pictures of ‘DJ Wale Babu’ sensation Natasa Stankovic will make your heart skip a beat!
- Guess who? THIS Hollywood celebrity wants to do a film with Shah Rukh Khan
- Sonam Kapoor's look in next film mix of high-end fashion, ethnic