Karan Johar to miss premiere of `Lunchbox`
Mumbai: Filmmaker Karan Johar would not be able to make it to the premiere of `Lunchbox` at the Toronto International Film Festival due to prior commitments.
Karan, who is presenting the film, said he was all excited to walk the red carpet with the entire team but unfortunately he would not be able to reach Toronto.
"I am very upset about it, but nothing is in my hands because I can`t overlook prior commitments. I have to be in Durban before heading back for the finale shoot of a dance show. But I am always there with the team in spirit. And also, I will be part of the promotions throughout India," Karan said.
`Lunchbox` stars Irfan Khan, Nawazudin Siddhiqui and Nirmat Kaur. The film, which bagged the Critics Week Viewers Choice Award at the 66th Cannes Film Festival in May this year, hits theatres in India on September 20.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- ‘Hollywood’s Favorite Bollywood Choreographer’ Nakul Dev Mahajan to judge DID North America 2015
- From Bittu to Bajirao- Ranveer Singh’s filmi journey
- Police to lodge FIR against star cast of 'Mohalla Assi'
- Is `Dabangg` Khan upset over missing IIFA 2015?
- Salman Khan attends Baba Siddiqui's Iftar party but SRK gives it a miss