Kareena Kapoor’s ‘Heroine’ to get widest release ever for a woman-centric film
Mumbai: Madhur Bhandarkar’s magnum opus, ‘Heroine’, the film touted to be Kareena Kapoor’s most challenging work till date, has often been in news for more wrong reasons than right. This time, however, it is not so.
Bhandarkar’s story about the life of an actress, and her rise and fall, is all set to hit the screens on September 21. And this film, as they say, is going to be big. News has it that the Kareena starrer has already recovered about half of its entire budget, and is on the threshold of getting the widest theatrical release for a heroine-centric film in India – ever. Spread across 2400 screens in the country, ‘Heroine’, believe Bhandarkar and the team, will be massive.
A release of such magnitude is the territory of male-centric films – that too, ones which have the topmost stars of the industry. Woman-oriented films, usually, haven’t had as wide releases as male starrers in India so far. ‘The Dirty Picture’ and ‘Kahaani’ are both cases in point. While the former released across 1600 screens in the country, the latter was somewhere close to 1000 screens.
Apart from Kareena Kapoor, ‘Heroine’ stars Arjun Rampal and Randeep Hooda in pivotal roles. And according to trade analysts, the stage seems set for another blockbuster!
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Juhi Chawla slams item numbers for commercialisation of women
- 'Pink' Box Office collections: Amitabh Bachchan, Taapsee Pannu starrer mints Rs 53.10 cr!
- Victoria Leeds is NOT Alex Parrish, reveals Priyanka Chopra on her 'Baywatch' character—Full story inside
- '31st October' already a landmark for me: Soha Ali Khan
- Varun Dhawan working with Amitabh Bachchan? Nah, it's a rumour!