Kartik Tiwari to romance Bengali girl in Ghai`s `Kaanchi`
Mumbai: Good things are happening to Kartik Tiwari - his second feature film `Akaash Vani` is coming out on Friday and Subhash Ghai has finalised him as the male lead of his new film `Kaanchi`, in which a Bengali girl will play the title role.
The girl is from Ghai`s acting school Whistling Woods.
Ghai, who turns 68 Thursday, said: "After nine months of hunt I have finalised the hero and the heroine of my film `Kaanchi`. The hero is Kartik Tiwari and a new girl from West Bengal, who is under training at Whistling Woods and Mukta Arts, plays the heroine. Rishi Kapoor and Mithun Chakraborty play stellar roles in the film."
Ghai is also excited about the music of `Kaanchi`.
"I have recorded three songs (composed) by Ismail Darbar and penned by Irshad Kamil. I am too excited about going on the sets in February. It is such a fabulous script with brilliant characters and great music," said the filmmaker.
`Kaanchi` will release during the same week when Ghai`s `Karma` was released in 1986.
" `Kaanchi` will release on August 15, 2013. Just wait and watch `Kaanchi`."
While details of the film`s plot are elusive, one learns that `Kaanchi` is akin to Raj Kapoor`s `Ram Teri Ganga Maili`. It`s an epic journey of a simple innocent girl into a world of corruption and heartbreak.
Kartik Tiwari sounded understandably excited by the big break.
"Every newcomer dreams of working with Mr. Subhash Ghai. I am two films old. My second film `Akaash Vani` will release in two days. I am excited. And now to be a part of a film directed by Subhashji just makes the picture complete," said Kartik, who debuted with 2001 movie `Pyaar Ka Punchnama`
It took the 24-year-old nearly two years to find his bearings in Bollywood.
"To be honest, there was no long line of producers at my door even after the good response to `Pyaar Ka Punchnama`," said the youngster and gives credit to his director Luv Ranjan for not letting him sign "wrong films".
"I could have easily done that since I`m not from the film industry and have no idea of the right and wrong moves. Because I held back, I am today doing a Subhash Ghai film. I can`t wait to start `Kanchi`," says the newbie who admits he`s single in spite of a huge fan-following among girls.
"I had a girlfriend. She left me when I became an actor. She couldn`t bear to see me romance another girl on screen. Hopefully, after the release of `Akaash Vani`, I`ll find a girl to romance for real."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Michael Jackson`s Neverland on sale for $100 million
- Witch hunting to be subject of new Assamese film
- Alia Bhatt teams up with mother for new ad
- Sonakshi Sinha's singing performance at IIFA a 'dream come true'
- IBFW 2015 to start on July 15, go beyond metros
- Khloe ready to finalise divorce from Lamar Odom
- 'San Andreas' review: This temblor is worth watching
- Neelesh Misra to scrutinise Indian governance in 'Ramrajya'
- 'Socially appealing' show attracts Amol Palekar back to TV
- 28 years of 'Mr. India' and Anil Kapoor still looks the same
- Shoojit Sircar is terrific: Yami Gautam
- Ashlee’s behaviour got her booted
- Photog dies of heart attack after ‘shooting’ Lady Gaga
- Carey’s dogs have their own entourage!
- Posh’s Christmas gift for Becks – micro-pigs!
- Lady Gaga voted Weirdest Star
- Lindsay threatened by fake gun!
- Teacher posts nude pics on web to annoy beau
- Man can’t touch his ‘creamy’ wife!
- Psychic contacts Jackson`s spirit
- Cheryl Cole listens to her own records
- The spookiest hotels of US
- Heat ave continues in India, death toll climbs to over 1,400
- Megastar Amitabh Bachchan slapped with Rs 1 crore notice
- Kenyan lawyer offers to marry Barack Obama's daughter Malia
- Salman Khan accident files burnt in Mantralaya fire
- Maggi likely to face ban in India!
- Street food in Delhi contains high levels of faecal matter
- TERI panel finds RK Pachauri guilty in sexual harassment case
- Rajasthan: High Court raps Chief Secy, DGP for failing to end Gujjar agitation
- Meet 92-year-old Phyllis Sues who dances toTango
- Priyanka, Ranveer talk about their film 'Dil Dhadakne Do'
- Erstwhile Mysuru kingdom gets new king
- Former Bihar CM Jitan Ram Manjhi meets PM Modi
- Watch: ISIS prisoner digging his own grave
- 50 percent refund on Tatkal ticket cancellation
- DNA: Pentagon report says Beijing accelerates land reclamation in South China Sea
- CBSE Class 10 (Class X Board) Result 2015 on cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in at 2 pm
- GUJCET Results 2015 declared on gseb.org
- Check cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.in for CBSE Class 10 X Board Result at 2 pm
- Rahul Gandhi takes another dig at NDA govt, says Manmohan gave lessons on economy to PM Modi
- Centre moves SC against Delhi HC order on LG's powers; hearing on Friday
- Gujjar agitation: Centre sending additional forces to vacate rail tracks, say sources
- Delhi HC backs LG, turns down plea challenging Jung's authority
- Log on to cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.nic.in at 2 pm for Class 10th Result 2015
- WBCHSE (wbchse.nic.in & wbresults.nic.in): West Bengal Class 12th Result to be declared on May 29
- Former Bihar CM Jitan Ram Manjhi meets PM Modi, triggers tie-up speculation
- CBSE (cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.nic.in) Class 10th (X Board) Result 2015 declared
- No radioactive leak at IGI airport, say AERB and Delhi govt
- Maggi noodles likely to face ban in India, FSSAI orders sample examination
- WB Class 12 (HS) Result 2015 declared on wbresults.nic.in, wbchse.nic.in
- Heatwave toll in Andhra Pradesh reaches 1,490