Katrina to reprise Hema’s role in ‘Seeta and Geeta’ remake
Mumbai: Remake of Bollywood classic ‘Seeta aur Geeta’ might finally see the light of the day. Right from it’s onset, the modern version of this cult was jinxed as the script of the film ran into legal hassles over licensing issues.
However, according to latest reports it has been confirmed that the film is all set to go on floors and it will be made by Sunil Bohra and Viacom 18.
The makers have roped in Katrina Kaif to reprise Hema Malini’s role in the film. And insiders reveal that Abhay Deol and Akshay Kumar are being considered for the role of Sanjeev Kumar and Dharmendra respectively.
Considering nothing more than the lead has been finalised and revealed yet, we hope the makers do justice to the remake. And most of it all, the real question is – Will Katrina be able to re-create Hema’s magic?
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dev Diwali, Karthigai Deepam: Know significance and legend
- 'Foo Fighters' dedicates free EP to Paris
- Swaragini: Will Swara prove her innocence? Will Mom, Badi Ma have faith in her again?
- Television no longer small medium, says Juhi Parmar
- Spirituality: Chant Dhanvantri Mantra for healing, good health
- Check out: Ranveer Singh-Deepika Padukone's stunning look in 'Bajirao Mastani' new poster!
- Happy I got to abuse in 'Tamasha': Deepika Padukone
- Was intimidated by Akshay in 'Airlift': Nimrat Kaur
- Angelina Jolie's sons working on her new movie
- Sanjay Leela Bhansali opens up about 'Bajirao-Dilwale' clash