Kids connecting with `Bhaag...` was my biggest success: Rakeysh Mehra
Mumbai: Filmmaker Rakeysh Omprakash Mehra says the biggest part of his success with `Bhaag Milkha Bhaag` was that the movie managed to have a connect with children as young as six and eight.
Present at the FICCI Frames 2014 here Wednesday, Mehra and his `Bhaag Milkha Bhaag` lead actor Farhan Akhtar discussed their views on the topic - "From Real-life Heroes to Reel-life Heroes: Biopics Inspiring Generations".
`Bhaag Milkha Bhaag` is a biopic on former Indian athlete Milkha Singh. The movie managed to get a warm response from critics and audiences alike.
Talking about it, Mehra said: "If I have to talk about my success, I feel my biggest success was when we got calls from many schools in India to take the school kids for the morning show of my film on low profit rate.
"It`s great when six to eight year old kids get connected to your film...it`s something that I had not even dreamt. Kids have the knack of sensing things...it`s amazing," Mehra told reporters here.
The invigorating session saw a discussion on the creation of the inspiring biopic.
Farhan, who was immensely appreciated for his portrayal of the Flying Sikh, says his biggest challenge was to connect with the emotions.
"Of course there was a physical challenge, but I also had to worry about the emotions. There was a certain body language and command which I had to adapt to become that person," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Here's how digital space went against Kangana Ranaut
- Ryan Gosling lends 'feminine energy' in bromance with Russell Crowe in 'The Graham Norton Show'
- Video alert! Salman Khan’s reaction to ‘marriage wala sawal’ at ‘Sultan’ trailer launch is EPIC
- New song 'Da Da Dasse' from 'Udta Punjab' is thoroughly intoxicating – Watch here
- Unhappy marriage good for diabetic men: Study
- Twitter poll a prophecy? 61% of fans feel Salman Khan's 'Sultan' will sprint ahead 300 cr mark!
- Aamir Khan, Kajol's 'Fanaa' ticks 10 years, team celebrates on Twitter!
- Radhika Apte’s ‘Phobia’ will break stereotype of Indian horror films
- 'Meri Pyaari Bindu' shoot diaries: Check out Parineeti Chopra-Ayushmann Khurrana's joyride!
- Sidharth, Alia perfect for 'Aashiqui 3': Mukesh Bhatt