Kiran Rao adopts different approach to promote `Ship of Theseus`
New Delhi: Kiran Rao, who is planning to release Anand Gandhi`s `Ship of Theseus` in five Metro Cities- Mumbai, Pune, Delhi, Bangalore and Kolkata, came up with an interesting online voting option for audiences to view the movie in other cities.
`Vote for the film in your city` system will let viewers from different cities to vote and the film will be screened only in those cities, which get the maximum votes.
The 39-year-old filmmaker told the media that the audience can go on blogs, internet media or movie pages to vote.
Speaking on the occasion, Rao said that they are catering to that section of the audience that is interested in such films rather than the masses.
"We don`t have strategies to attract masses who would be interested to watch this kind of movie. I don`t know what it means to attract masses," the director said.
"All our promotions are gathered towards representing the film as authentically and as honestly as it is possible. So we have no particular strategy of going out there and just grabbing the eyeballs, that`s not in our plan," Rao further added.
The movie, which has been making the rounds at film festivals was premiered at the 2012 Toronto International Film Festival and received critical acclaim.
The film, which links three stories about identity and change, will release for Indian audiences in July.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Amid political tensions, three-tiered security for Oscars
- 'Lion' significantly talks about child adoption: Priyanka Bose
- It's Shahid Kapoor's birthday! Let's take a look at his TOP 5 roles
- Rangoon box office collections: Kangana, Shahid and Saif starrer witnesses slow start!
- 'Lipstick Under My Burkha': CBFC cites 'audio pornography', 'abusive words' reasons to refuse certification