‘Krrish 3’ crosses 500 crore?
Zee Media Bureau/ Aparna Mudi
New Delhi: In a recent statement by director-producer Rakesh Roshan, his latest offering ‘Krrish 3’has broken all previous records and made a gross Box Office collection of a whopping 500 crores.
The superhero movie starring Hrithik Roshan, Priyanka Chopra in the lead roles and Vivek Overoi and Kangana Ranaut in negative roles has garnered a lot of appreciation from the audience and was running housefull till Sanjay Leela Bhansali’s ‘Ram-Leela’ released.
The humongous figure that was announced by the director has gained a lot of flak from trade specialists. Rumours of inflated figures have been doing the rounds in the industry.
The director clarified with a leading daily, “If you calculate entertainment tax and everything else, then ‘Krrish 3’s gross collection has crossed Rs. 500 crores.”
The figures, if correct, certainly set a precedent by raising the bar of what films can achieve in the Bollywood market.
It remains to be seen if the upcoming big releases like ‘Dhoom 3’, ‘Jai Ho’, ‘Peekay’ and ‘Kick’ can beat the records set by the Roshans.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bigg Boss 10: Ranveer Singh – Vaani Kapoor entertaintain contestants; Elena Kazan gets evicted
- Bigg Boss 10: Manu Punjabi to make a comeback on Salman Khan's show?
- Relationships, friendships and more: Karan Johar reveals the truth about actors
- Ranveer Singh prefers to protect his personal life!
- Seven times Karisma Kapoor gave us serious fashion goals
- Box Office report: Here's how much 'Dear Zindagi', 'Kahaani 2' collected on Saturday!
- Rana Daggubati, Taapsee Pannu's 'The Ghazi Attack' to strike patriotic chord
- What made Sanjay Leela Bhansali believe that Deepika Padukone's 'Padmavati' has kick started!
- 'Guardians of the Galaxy Vol 2' new teaser trailer takes excitement up a notch
- Is THIS the reason why Farhan Akhtar refused to act in Akshay Kumar's 'Gold'?