‘Laila’ ousts Mallika Sherawat from ‘Tezz’
Mumbai: Mallika Sherawat, after giving a major hype to films with her item numbers like ‘Jalebi Bai’ and ‘Myya Myya’ hasn’t been able to generate the same hysteria among the masses with her latest item number ‘Laila’.
After the lukewarm response of Mallika’s new item song ‘Laila’ in Priyadarshan’s action flick ‘Tezz’, makers are considering axing the song all together.
And that is not the only dent on Mallika’s career. According to a well-placed industry source, the actress has been dropped from her next film opposite Sachiin Joshi as makers feel that she failed to cast her magic through her moves in her latest item song.
"When the first look of the song Laila was out, it didn`t look like Mallika had done anything extraordinary. No one is talking about her song. If her presence in a song can`t help hype it, expecting a film to generate buzz on her name would be expecting too much. So she has been dropped," a source said.
Reportedly, after a series of discussions between producer Ratan Jain and director Priyadarshan, the final decision was taken. Interestingly, earlier while Jain had insisted on retaining the track, Priyan wanted it out.
It is being said that the song would be eliminated for metro audiences.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Juhi Chawla slams item numbers for commercialisation of women
- 'Pink' Box Office collections: Amitabh Bachchan, Taapsee Pannu starrer mints Rs 53.10 cr!
- Victoria Leeds is NOT Alex Parrish, reveals Priyanka Chopra on her 'Baywatch' character—Full story inside
- '31st October' already a landmark for me: Soha Ali Khan
- Varun Dhawan working with Amitabh Bachchan? Nah, it's a rumour!