‘Life of Pi` a must watch, say Karan Johar, Shekhar Kapur
Mumbai: Filmmakers Karan Johar and Shekhar Kapur can`t stop praising Oscar-winning filmmaker Ang Lee`s ‘Life of Pi’, based on Yann Martel`s Booker Prize winning novel of the same name.
The movie opened here Friday in four languages - English, Hindi, Tamil and Telugu and collected Rs.3.5 crore.
“‘Life Of Pi` - must watch!! Its message will have multiple interpretations and will be open to post viewing analysis. That`s the fun of it," Karan tweeted Sunday.
It has been released in 2D and 3D format and Kapur liked the movie so much so that he went to watch it a second time.
"Watching `Life of Pi` second time in two days. Brought my daughter and her friends. Nice to see a full house and lots of kids. Fantastic movie," Kapur tweeted.
`Life of Pi` narrates the tale of a boy who is adrift at sea in a lifeboat with a Royal Bengal tiger after his family is drowned in a shipwreck.
It features Indian actors Tabu and Irrfan Khan and newcomer Suraj Sharma.
The movie was shot in the hillside town of Munnar along with the elegance of Pondicherry - all on 3D.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Amitabh Bachchan shoots with real-life boxers
- Sobhita Dhulipala was perfect for 'Raman Raghav 2.0': Anurag Kashyap
- Don't want to do many films at a time, says Kareena Kapoor Khan
- Watch: Trailer of India's first stoner movie 'M Cream' is finally out
- Priyanka Chopra opens up about her Hollywood debut 'Baywatch'! – Read more