‘Life of Pi` a must watch, say Karan Johar, Shekhar Kapur
Mumbai: Filmmakers Karan Johar and Shekhar Kapur can`t stop praising Oscar-winning filmmaker Ang Lee`s ‘Life of Pi’, based on Yann Martel`s Booker Prize winning novel of the same name.
The movie opened here Friday in four languages - English, Hindi, Tamil and Telugu and collected Rs.3.5 crore.
“‘Life Of Pi` - must watch!! Its message will have multiple interpretations and will be open to post viewing analysis. That`s the fun of it," Karan tweeted Sunday.
It has been released in 2D and 3D format and Kapur liked the movie so much so that he went to watch it a second time.
"Watching `Life of Pi` second time in two days. Brought my daughter and her friends. Nice to see a full house and lots of kids. Fantastic movie," Kapur tweeted.
`Life of Pi` narrates the tale of a boy who is adrift at sea in a lifeboat with a Royal Bengal tiger after his family is drowned in a shipwreck.
It features Indian actors Tabu and Irrfan Khan and newcomer Suraj Sharma.
The movie was shot in the hillside town of Munnar along with the elegance of Pondicherry - all on 3D.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trailer OUT! John Abraham-Sonakshi Sinha starrer 'Force 2' celebrates the real heroes of India!
- Mahendra Singh Dhoni biopic not banned, says Pakistan's CBFC chief
- Arjun Kapoor and Shraddha Kapoor relive their very own 'DDLJ' moment! View PIC
- Ranbir Kapoor, Anushka Sharma are glowing in GOLD! PIC will make you drool
- NO Kajol in Karan Johar's 'Ae Dil Hai Mushkil'? Hot Scoop