Like to make a sequel or remake of `Blue`: Anthony D`Souza
Mumbai: Director Anthony D`Souza says even though his debut film `Blue` failed at the box office, he is ready to make either a sequel or remake of that movie.
`Blue` (2009), an underwater action thriller film starred Sanjay Dutt, Akshay Kumar, Lara Dutta and Zayed Khan in lead roles. The film received negative response from critics and failed to garner audience`s attention.
"I think it is my fault. The film failed because the script was not that tight enough. I take the blame for it (failure). I think it failed in the department of emotions and Indianess. I have learnt a lesson," D`Souza said.
But the director has expressed his desire to make either a sequel or remake of `Blue`. There were media reports also regarding the same. "I had never come on record saying I would make a sequel... It was the imagination of media. But yes if given a chance I would like to make a sequel or remake if I had a right script. But as of now there is no script," he said.
D`Souza seems quite excited about his next release action comedy film `Boss`, which is a remake of Malayalam movie `Pokkiri Raja`.
The film features Akshay Kumar, Mithun Chakraborty, Shiv Pandit, Aditi Rao Hydari and Ronit Roy in the lead roles and is set to release on 16 October.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Dil Dhadakne Do' a world-class film: Anil Kapoor
- Every single child is unique: Priyanka Chopra
- Salman Khan to attend sister's reception in Himachal
- 'Andaaz' clocks 12 years; Priyanka, Lara nostalgic
- Dwayne Johnson sets selfie world record
- HC's interim stay on release of film 'Phir Se'
- Susan Sarandon inaugurates homes for Nepal quake survivors
- Farhan Khan puts vanilla icecream face pack to coax pet dog to lick
- Celebrities shows support for Ireland's vote for same sex marriage
- John Stamos 'heartbroken'
- 'Beautiful Mind' John Nash dies in car crash
- John Stamos 'heartbroken'
- Selena Gomez eyeing reality show with Kris Jenner
- Bruce Greenwood joins 'American Crime Story'
- Stamos sad that Olsen twins won't return for 'Fuller House'
- Puneet Issar approached for 'Jhalak Dikhla Jaa'
- Excited that 'Dr Who' is finally in India: Steven Moffat
- Matthew Goode leaving 'The Good Wife'
- Preity Zinta missed crew of 'ABCD 2' on 'Nach Baliye 7'
- Sharon Osbourne taking month long break form 'The Talk'
- 'Supergirl' won't have cross over with 'Arrow' and 'The Flash'
- Time has come to quit 'Doctors': Ian Kelsey
- DNA: Harmful chemicals found in Maggi, Nestle India still in denial mode
- CM Kejriwal shortlists 39 'unwanted' IAS officers in Delhi
- Rajasthan: Gujjars revive reservation agitation, block rail track
- DNA: Modi-led NDA govt's hits and misses in one year
- J Jayalalithaa sworn-in as Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- ISIS to buy first nuclear weapon from Pak?
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Aspiring for more than what you have!
- Mumbai: CCTV captures assailant with gun at Film City
- Mathura SSP receives death threat letter, message for PM Modi
- BJP now central pole of Indian politics: Arun Jaitley
- Maharashtra FDA sends Maggi noodles for lab testing
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- See what can Maggi do to your health!
- Delhi: Two killed in road accident in New Ashok Nagar
- Haridwar: Hotel Radisson Blu sealed for polluting Ganga
- PM Narendra Modi graces Digvijay Singh's son wedding reception
- Goa Board SSC Exam Results 2015 announced
- Rahul Gandhi to pressurise govt to act on one-rank-one-pension issue
- ISIS close to buying nuclear weapon from Pakistan?
- Manohar Parrikar visits forward areas along LoC, reviews security situation
- There will be no delay in appointing CIC, CVC: Jitendra Singh
- Credibility of Prime Minister's Office restored by BJP, says Arun Jaitley
- ISIS justifies raping slave girls, says Michelle Obama is 'worth $40'
- Arvind Kejriwal to highlight AAP govt's 100 days work on Monday
- 'Unhappy' Celina Jaitley asks Sunny Leone to move out?
- BJP's plan for one-year celebration: 200 big rallies, 5,000 public meetings
- Video of cops dancing with woman goes viral, inquiry ordered
- Heatwave leaves 153 dead in Telangana, Andhra Pradesh
- IPL 2015 Final: Mumbai Indians vs Chennai Super Kings - Preview
- Jayalalithaa returns as Tamil Nadu CM: As it happened