Lupita Nyong`o to be part of `Star Wars: Episode VII`
Los Angeles: Oscar-winning actress Lupita Nyong`o is rumoured to have met with `Star Wars: Episode VII` director JJ Abrams.
The 31-year-old Kenyan actress is being considered for the role of Obi-Wan Kenobi`s descendant, reportedly.
There is a lot of secrecy surrounding the plot and casting decisions of `Star Wars` owing to its high profile status and constant media coverage.
The character to be played by the `12 Years a Slave` star may be one of the lead female roles but there is a separate ongoing search for two actors - a male and female - in their twenties who will, most likely, have some form of romantic relationship.
A relative newcomer to mainstream Hollywood, Nyong`o attracted attention and widespread admiration for her role in `12 Years a Slave` in which she played Patsey.
Nyong`o took home the Oscar for best supporting actress for her role in movie and it was around this time that she met with Abrams.
Nyong`o, following her performance in the historical drama and reception during the awards season, has been linked to a number of other productions in addition to `Star Wars`. She was rumoured to be up for the role of Tiger Lily in `Pan`, a role which has since been filled by Rooney Mara. Nyong`o is also in the running for a courtroom drama, `The Whole Truth`, which Daniel Craig has already been cast in.
The seventh `Star Wars` film is due to be released in December 2015.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Preggers Kareena Kapoor Khan becomes a showstopper at Manish Malhotra's birthday bash!
- Zaheer Khan and Sagarika Ghatge – Five photos of the rumoured couple
- Katrina Kaif presses for gender equality at UN Women event!
- Parineeti Chopra, Shraddha Kapoor turn black beauties and we can't stop gushing over it!
- ‘Voice of India’ season 2: This singer will leave judges spellbound – WATCH teaser
- Kangana Ranaut’s ‘Simran’ - Release date announced
- Varun Dhawan in Zoya Akhtar’s 'Gully Boy'? Here's the truth
- Release date of Aamir Khan's 'Secret Superstar' revealed!
- Shahid Kapoor sets makeshift gym for 'Padmavati' role!
- 'Befikre' Aditya Chopra makes RARE appearance; pens heart-warming letter on why Ranveer Singh starrer is his 'second first film'!