Madhavan as mathematician in a Hollywood film!
Mumbai: Even as India is celebrating the centenary of mathematical genius Srinivasa Ramanujan works with Prime Minister Manmohan Singh declaring 2012 as the year of maths, Bollywood actor Madhavan is all set to add more fervour to the celebration.
Bollywood reports confirm that Madhavan is set to play the mathematician Srinivasa Ramanujan in a Hollywood film.
Titled ‘The Man Who Knew Infinity’, and based on the book of the same name by Robert Kanigel, the film will be directed by Matt Brown.
What’s even more fascinating is that Colin Firth, of ‘The King`s Speech’ fame, is being approached to play the other vital role in the film, that of English mathematician GH Hardy.
Confirming the news, a source said, “Maddy is quite excited about playing Ramanujan. He also visited Kumbakonam where Ramanujan hails from.”
Well, that sounds exciting!
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
More from Health
- Oscars 2017: 'La La Land' filmmaker Damien Chazelle becomes youngest director to win academy
- Production of 'Jurassic World 2' officially begins
- Andrew Lincoln excited about 'Love Actually' sequel
- Oscars 2017: Asghar Farhadi's ‘The Salesman’ wins Best Foreign Language Film
- Oscars 2017: Jimmy Kimmel cracks Trump jokes as 89th Academy Awards