Madhur Bhandarkar casts his friends, relatives in `Heroine`
New Delhi: Director Madhur Bhandarkar has cast his friends and relatives in bit roles in Kareena Kapoor-starrer ‘Heroine’, which hit the theatres today.
Model-actress Rashmi Nigam, who plays a jealous star wife in the film, said the ambience on the sets used to be friendly.
"Madhur would always sit on the directors seat with a box of dry fruits and keep munching them all through the shoot. On the sets you would find every second person a friend or relative of his.
"I think people are secretly hoping he casts them. He is one of the sweetest directors I have met," she said in a statement.
The film also stars actors Arjun Rampal and Randeep Hooda in prominent roles.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Juhi Chawla slams item numbers for commercialisation of women
- 'Pink' Box Office collections: Amitabh Bachchan, Taapsee Pannu starrer mints Rs 53.10 cr!
- Victoria Leeds is NOT Alex Parrish, reveals Priyanka Chopra on her 'Baywatch' character—Full story inside
- '31st October' already a landmark for me: Soha Ali Khan
- Varun Dhawan working with Amitabh Bachchan? Nah, it's a rumour!