Madhur Bhandarkar casts his friends, relatives in `Heroine`
New Delhi: Director Madhur Bhandarkar has cast his friends and relatives in bit roles in Kareena Kapoor-starrer ‘Heroine’, which hit the theatres today.
Model-actress Rashmi Nigam, who plays a jealous star wife in the film, said the ambience on the sets used to be friendly.
"Madhur would always sit on the directors seat with a box of dry fruits and keep munching them all through the shoot. On the sets you would find every second person a friend or relative of his.
"I think people are secretly hoping he casts them. He is one of the sweetest directors I have met," she said in a statement.
The film also stars actors Arjun Rampal and Randeep Hooda in prominent roles.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Ranbir, Deepika in 'Safarnama' song from 'Tamasha'!
- Intolerance issue: Those attacking me are only proving my point, says Aamir Khan – Read full statement
- Watch: Bollywood pays tribute to martyrs on 26/11 anniversary
- Lady Gaga turns editor for magazine
- Shah Rukh Khan strikes a pose with ‘bestest’ friend Divya – See pic