Madhuri Dixit: I don`t play a gangster in `Gulab Gang`
Mumbai: Actress Madhuri Dixit, who has been roped in to play the lead in Anubhav Sinha`s home production `Gulab Gang`, says contrary to reports she is not playing a gangster and will not be mouthing bad words. "I don`t know where all these things (about abuses) came from. There is nothing abusive in the movie. It is not even about gangsters. In the film women are not gangsters.. they are vigilantes. It is about a group of women who help other women and help solve their problem. So that is what fascinated me about that... as it is all about women power. They are not gangsters," Madhuri said.
`Gulab Gang` is a story of a gang of women fighting against social injustice. The film directed by Soumik Sen is likely to rope in Mahie Gill and Shilpa Shukla too. Produced under Benaras Media Works banner, `Gulab Gang` would go on floors post monsoon and would release next year on Womens Day. Also, Madhuri has signed on the dotted line for the sequel of Vishal Bhardwaj`s `Ishqiya`, which is titled `Dedh Ishqiya`.
Abhishek Chaubey had directed `Ishqiya`, which got great reviews and box office collections. The film was produced by Vishal Bhardwaj. Even for the sequel the director, producer and lead actors Naseeruddin Shah and Arshad Warsi have been retained. "I don`t think `Dedh Ishqiya` can be called women centric film. There are four characters in the movie and all are important. I am looking forward to work with Naseeruddin and Arshad. I am working with Naseeruddin Shah in a meaningful film after a long time. And it is all about one up man ship, give and take and it is very interesting. We haven`t begun shooting yet," Madhuri said.
Post her marriage, Madhuri had relocated to the US for almost a decade. It was last year in October that she shifted her base back to Mumbai, along with her family. And on work front, she signed two films and will judge dance reality show.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bigg Boss 10: Manu Punjabi to make a comeback on Salman Khan's show?
- Relationships, friendships and more: Karan Johar reveals the truth about actors
- Ranveer Singh prefers to protect his personal life!
- Seven times Karisma Kapoor gave us serious fashion goals
- Are stubborn acne marks troubling you? Check out these home remedies
- Box Office report: Here's how much 'Dear Zindagi', 'Kahaani 2' collected on Saturday!
- Rana Daggubati, Taapsee Pannu's 'The Ghazi Attack' to strike patriotic chord
- What made Sanjay Leela Bhansali believe that Deepika Padukone's 'Padmavati' has kick started!
- 'Guardians of the Galaxy Vol 2' new teaser trailer takes excitement up a notch
- Is THIS the reason why Farhan Akhtar refused to act in Akshay Kumar's 'Gold'?