Madhuri Dixit makes tiring action look effortless: Trainer
Mumbai: Kanishka Sharma, who trained Madhuri Dixit for action sequences in forthcoming movie ‘Gulaab Gang’, is in awe of the actress and says that she made all the tiring action sequences look effortless on screen.
"I remember a scene where Madhuri had to twist a man`s arm and kick him hard. I rehearsed with her for a few hours before the shot, but was a little apprehensive. Later, I was shocked at how comfortably she pulled it off. She makes all my otherwise tiring action look effortless on screen!" Sharma said in a statement.
The 46-year-old diva got trained in rare martial art forms like Shaolin Kung Fu, Pekiti-Tirsia Kali and Shaolin Chin Na for the movie.
"The brief given to me by director Soumik Sen was to design the stunts in a manner that they look both aesthetic as well as realistic. It couldn`t be as gritty as crouching tiger, hidden dragon, neither could it be as suave as the matrix," said Sharma.
"I was taken aback by Madhuri`s agility and her pitch-perfect timing. I extensively trained Madhuri for a month in Shaolin Kung Fu, besides stick training, Shaolin joint locking, Kali knife, short stick and of course, close combat," he added.
Slated to release March 7, ‘Gulaab Gang’ also features Juhi Chawla.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- NO 'Baar Baar Dekho' THESE scenes in Katrina Kaif-Sidharth Malhotra film! CBFC cuts 'bra shot', 'Savita bhabhi' reference
- Poster alert! Sonakshi Sinha in and as 'Akira' will stun you for sure
- Rajkummar Rao to star with Nargis Fakhri in Hollywood project
- Confirmed! Sonakshi Sinha, with another female lead in 'Dabangg 3'!
- Katrina Kaif, Sidharth Malhotra rock 'Baar Baar Dekho' promotions—Watch video!