Madhuri Dixit`s ‘Dedh Ishqiya’ to release next year
Mumbai: Madhuri Dixit starrer ‘Dedh Ishqiya’ has been pushed for release next year.
‘Dedh Ishqiya’, a sequel to the successful and acclaimed film ‘Ishqiya’, was scheduled to release on December 13, but will now hit the screens on January 31, 2014, a statement issued by the makers said.
Filmmaker Sajid Nadiadwala requested producer Vishal Bhardwaj to postpone the release date to avoid a clash with Imtiaz Ali`s ‘Highway’, it said.
Directed by Abhishek Chaubey and produced by Vishal Bhardwaj Productions and Shemaroo Entertainment, ‘Dedh Ishqiya’ is about the romantic adventures of `Khalujan` (Naseeruddin Shah) and `Babban` (Arshad Warsi) with beautiful and dangerous women.
In "Ishqiya", Vidya Balan played the female lead, while "Dedh Ishqiya" has Madhuri Dixit and Huma Qureshi in the lead with Naseeruddin Shah and Arshad Warsi.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Amid political tensions, three-tiered security for Oscars
- 'Lion' significantly talks about child adoption: Priyanka Bose
- It's Shahid Kapoor's birthday! Let's take a look at his TOP 5 roles
- Rangoon box office collections: Kangana, Shahid and Saif starrer witnesses slow start!
- 'Lipstick Under My Burkha': CBFC cites 'audio pornography', 'abusive words' reasons to refuse certification