Maharashtra govt makes `Bhaag Milkha Bhaag` tax free
Mumbai: Maharashtra government has granted tax exemption to `Bhaag Milkha Bhaag`, the Farhan Akhtar starrer biopic on the legendary athlete Milkha Singh.
Director Rakeysh Omprakash Mehra and Farhan had earlier this week met Revenue Minister Balasaheb Thorat and sought tax concession for the film.
The tax exemption, valid for the next six months from today, has been granted as the film`s main objective was to promote sports among youths, a Mantralaya official told reporters.
Considering this view, the government granted the exemption under section 6 (3) of the Maharashtra Entertainment Duty Act 1923 to the film, the official said.
The government also took into account the fact that the film has been co-produced by the National Film Development Corporation (NFDC).
Farhan plays the title role in the biopic featuring Sonam Kapoor, Divya Dutta, Prakash Raj and Pawan Malhotra.
Since its release on July 12, the film has grossed over Rs 57 crore.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sidhu to bring Kapil Sharma and Sunil Grover TOGETHER! Here's what you should know
- Noted Yakshagana artiste Gerukatte Gangaiah Shetty collapses on stage, dies
- Former Miss India Priyadarshini Chatterjee fights for child abuse victim
- Salman Khan feels grounded, all thanks to family and friends!
- Anushka Sharma has found her long-term goal!
- ‘Badrinath Ki Dulhania’: How much has the Varun Dhawan – Alia Bhatt starrer earned so far?
- Ajay Devgn starrer 'Golmaal Again' cast is one BIG happy family!
- Phillauri: Anushka Sharma aka Shashi's 'ghostly presence' in a big fat Punjabi shaadi is spooky yet hilarious!
- Is that Salman Khan doing kickass action in 'Tiger Zinda Hai'?
- ‘Baywatch’ new trailer gives us another glimpse of Priyanka Chopra – WATCH