Mahie Gill emulates Meena Kumari in her next
Mumbai: Actress Mahie Gill has sought inspiration from legendary actress Meena Kumari for a song in her upcoming film ‘Gang of Ghosts’.
The song `Nahi Dungi, Nahi Dungi, Dil mera fokat mein nahi dungi` is inspired by the tragedy queen.
"I am a huge Meena Kumari fan so it was a great honour for me to emulate her on screen. In no way could it be less than perfect for which I studied her in films like ‘Baiju Bawra’ and ‘Dil Ek Mandir’," Mahie said in a statement here.
Mahie took a lot of interest in the styling of the song.
"We wanted the song to have an old-world feel and fashioned Mahie`s look on the lines of great Meena Kumari. It has come out terrifically and Mahi has done a great job," director Satish Kaushik said.
‘Gangs of Ghosts’ stars Mahi Gill, Anupam Kher, Meera Chopra, Chunkey Pandey and Saurab Shukla.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Kamya Punjabi releases teaser of Pratyusha Banerjee’s last short film – Watch
- Anonymity on Twitter giving people power to misbehave: Swara Bhaskar
- Naam Shabana: Akshay Kumar enjoys special screening with female police officers
- People find it difficult to accept TV stars in bold roles: Nia Sharma
- I'm looking at 'Ittefaq' as new film: Sonakshi Sinha
- Phillauri box office collections: Anushka Sharma-Diljit Dosanjh's 'spirited' saga has minted this much so far!
- Ranbir Kapoor as a boy scout in 'Jagga Jasoos' latest PIC! Can you spot him?
- Shah Rukh Khan to clash with Akshay Kumar at the Box Office!
- Shraddha Kapoor – Arjun Kapoor sizzle as a couple in ‘Half Girlfriend’ First Look