Making `Bhaag Milkha Bhaag` tax-free will increase its reach, says Farhan Akhtar
Mumbai: Farhan Akhtar is requesting the state government to waive the entertainment tax on his ‘Bhaag Milkha Bhaag’ so that it can reach out to a much larger section of moviegoers.
"There is a procedure, which the production needs to follow. According to us, the film qualifies that," the 39-year-old said here Wednesday on the sets of ‘Dance India Dance Super Moms’.
"We don`t apply for every film, but (applying) for this film because we want it to reach to those for whom ticket prices are high and who wait for it to come on TV. So, they will also get to see it in the current atmosphere," added the actor.
Farhan plays the title role in ‘Bhaag Milkha Bhaag’, a biopic on Olympian athlete Milkha Singh. The film, which came out July 12, has reportedly earned over Rs.40 crore.
Farhan and the film`s director Rakeysh Omprakash Mehra met Maharashtra Revenue Minister Balasaheb Thorat to seek tax exemption for the film Wednesday.
Making the film tax-free will augment the footfall in theatres, feels Farhan.
"A lot of schools, which want to show the film to the students, are also calling us. So, if the film is tax-free for them, it will be beneficial. Besides, a percentage of the collection of the film also goes to Milkha Singh`s foundation and it will also benefit," he said.
Sonam Kapoor, Divya Dutta and Prakash Raj also feature in small roles in the film.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch how to apply your foundation flawlessly! Video inside
- Katrina Kaif opens up about her break-up with Ranbir Kapoor! Deets inside
- ‘Bigg Boss 10’ promo: Will Salman Khan be seen in it? Scoop inside
- Pakistani man who made deer skin sandals for Shah Rukh Khan arrested
- Good news! Shahid Kapoor and wifey Mira Rajput blessed with a baby girl
- Mechanic Resurrection movie review: Fails to rise
- Taapsee Pannu, Neeraj Pandey reteam on 'Meera'
- 'A Flying Jatt' Box Office collections: Tiger Shroff-Jacqueline Fernandez starrer mints Rs 7.10 cr on opening day!
- Sidharth Malhotra bats for Sonakshi Sinha's 'Akira'- Watch cutest promotion video!
- 'Baar Baar Dekho' promotions: Katrina Kaif-Sidharth Malhotra stun with their chemistry on 'Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa'