Mass entertainer films will die totally: Salman Khan
Mumbai: Superstar Salman Khan, who brought mass entertainers back to life with films like `Wanted`, `Ready` and `Dabangg`, feels that this space might die soon as it is now being overdone.
A new wave of action-masala entertainers was created by Salman and choreographer-turned-director Prabhu Deva with `Wanted` in 2009.
The film earned over Rs 160 crore and changed things for the 47-year-old in the industry after a low phase.
Salman`s `Ready`, `Dabangg`, `Bodyguard`, `Ek Tha Tiger` and `Dabangg 2` made him one of the bankable stars in Bollywood.
"This space will die totally. I think this was a beautiful format where we had films like `Wanted`, Dabangg etc. Now everybody has overdone it so much that it might die away.
These kinds of films are popular but the creativity is becoming less... It seems the same stuff is happening (every time in these films). I don`t know which genre will click now," Salman told PTI in an exclusive interview here.
"The whole thing where one person beating up 50 people flying around will remain as this is part of our cinema. But there is a reason why and how he is beating. Now, the way action is done will change," he added.
Salman has an interesting range of films in his kitty including `Jai Ho`, `Kick`, Sooraj Barjatya`s next and Prabhu Deva`s next.
"`Jai Ho` will be different kind of film altogether it has all the ingredients - drama, emotion etc. `Kick` is also a different film. Again, Sooraj asked me to do a film for them, he gave me the idea and I loved it. It was a great script I had not worked with him since long," he said.
Also, Salman will be launching Sooraj, son of Aditya Pancholi, in the remake of `Hero` but he is not willing to share details about the project currently.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bigg Boss 10: Manu Punjabi to make a comeback on Salman Khan's show?
- Relationships, friendships and more: Karan Johar reveals the truth about actors
- Ranveer Singh prefers to protect his personal life!
- Seven times Karisma Kapoor gave us serious fashion goals
- Are stubborn acne marks troubling you? Check out these home remedies
- Box Office report: Here's how much 'Dear Zindagi', 'Kahaani 2' collected on Saturday!
- Rana Daggubati, Taapsee Pannu's 'The Ghazi Attack' to strike patriotic chord
- What made Sanjay Leela Bhansali believe that Deepika Padukone's 'Padmavati' has kick started!
- 'Guardians of the Galaxy Vol 2' new teaser trailer takes excitement up a notch
- Is THIS the reason why Farhan Akhtar refused to act in Akshay Kumar's 'Gold'?