Media should push documentaries: Jaaved Jafferi
Thiruvanathapuram: Actor-turned-producer Jaaved Jafferi says the media should play an important role in promoting good documentary films and taking them to public.
While speaking at the Trigger Pitch, a programme conducted by the Indian Documentary Federation and Chalachitra Academy, Jaaved said even small contributions from the media for the promotion of documentary films will have a great effect.
The actor is the chairman of Indian Documentary Foundation (IDF).
Though many documentaries are being made in India, most of them remain unnoticed as they don`t get into the mainstream easily, he said.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bigg Boss, Day 45: Kanwaljeet’s ‘racist’ comment irks Priya; inmates celebrate Rochelle’s birthday!
- Michael Caine named Britain's greatest living movie star
- Aamir's contribution towards cinema is immense: Gracy Singh
- Bigg Boss: Keith Sequeira makes a comeback
- 'Dilwale' inspires Shah Rukh Khan, makes him tweet about life!