Meenakshi is far quirkier than Babli: Rani Mukherjee
New Delhi: Actress Rani Mukherjee, who is all set for th release of `Aiyyaa`, says her character in the film is far more naughty than her previous avatar in 2005 hit `Bunty Aur Babli`.
Rani, 34, said the romantic comedy has got many fun elements in it rather than the funny characters and they would be exposed in weeks leading to the release of the film.
"Meenakshi is a mad and whacko character which is many steps ahead in madness when compared to `Babli`. I know that last time when people saw me like that, it was seven years ago. If they found that to be bubbly and naughty then watch me in `Aiyyaa`.
"There is a song each that we plan to release every week so that audience has something new to know about the film. Other than the songs, there are also quite a few dialogue promos that have been finalised. They would add further flavour to the film," Rani told PTI.
Directed by debutante Sachin Kundalkar, the film releases all over on October 12.
Rani made her debut with "Raja Ki Ayegi Baraat" in 1997 and became a hit with Karan Johar`s "Kuch Kuch Hota Hai". Thereafter she starred in many films including "Black", "Hum Tum", "Veer-Zaara" among others.
The Bengali beauty says she is pretty much happy with the response that the promo of `Aiyyaa` has garnered so far.
"When people tell you that they have been laughing continuously after watching the promo, you are bound to feel confident. I was kind of sure that people would be positive but what I am touched about is the way they are wording their reactions. That`s humbling," she said.
Rani, who was last seen in political crime thriller "No one killed Jessica", said that she chose to do this light-hearted film because her next project "Taalash" will be a serious one.
"`Aiyyaa` came at just the right time and since I like comedies, everything just fitted in. This is a light hearted film with a sweet love story to tell," she said.
The film also stars Malayalam superstar Prithviraj Sukumaran.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- `Boxer fetished` Justin Bieber won't repeat underwears
- British actor Terry Sue-Patt found dead
- Allu Arjun inspires brother to sport six-pack abs
- Meryl Streep, Hugh Grant starrer `Florence Foster Jenkins` first look released
- Selena Gomez eyeing reality show with Kris Jenner
- Iconic `Mean Girls` mansion up for grabs at USD 15M
- I'm apprehensive of reaction: Big B
- Vikalp Mehta breaks out of Akshay lookalike image
- Why a lively party is not for a depressed soul
- Big B urges fans to unfollow his fake account
- Ryan Reynolds helps young cancer patient meet Deadpool
- Meghan Trainor to do `special song` with Harry Styles
- Two of Drake's songs leak online
- Kanye West's marriage will last 'forever', says stepmom
- Found my inspiration from a 'besura' singer: Harmeet Singh
- Badshah's new song 'Pinjra' on honour killings
- One Direction will not replace Zayn Malik: Simon Cowell
- Katy Perry to release new album by 2016
- Musical fund-raising event for Nepal quake victims
- Taylor Swift's 'Bad Blood' breaks Vevo record with 20.1m views in 1day
- Paul McCartney pens new songs for film adaptation of his book
- Taylor Swift's 'Bad Blood' breaks Vevo record
- Zee Media Exclusive: Kangana, Madhavan talk about their film 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns'
- DNA: Harmful chemicals found in Maggi, Nestle India still in denial mode
- CM Kejriwal shortlists 39 'unwanted' IAS officers in Delhi
- Rajasthan: Gujjars revive reservation agitation, block rail track
- DNA: Modi-led NDA govt's hits and misses in one year
- J Jayalalithaa sworn-in as Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with Congress leader Kamal Nath
- Mumbai: One injured in shootout at Film City
- ISIS to buy first nuclear weapon from Pak?
- Mumbai: CCTV captures assailant with gun at Film City
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Aspiring for more than what you have!
- BJP now central pole of Indian politics: Arun Jaitley
- Maharashtra FDA sends Maggi noodles for lab testing
- Mathura SSP receives death threat letter, message for PM Modi
- See what can Maggi do to your health!
- IPL 2015, Qualifier 2: CSK vs RCB - As it happened...
- India to soon have its own space shuttle!
- PM Narendra Modi graces Digvijay Singh's son wedding reception
- Rahul Gandhi to pressurise govt to act on one-rank-one-pension issue
- Goa Board SSC Exam Results 2015 announced
- ISIS close to buying nuclear weapon from Pakistan?
- CBSE 12th Results 2015: CBSE Board Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic class 12th XII board exam Results 2015 date announced
- Manohar Parrikar visits forward areas along LoC, reviews security situation
- Businessman shot next to Amitabh Bachchan's shooting location in Mumbai Film City
- There will be no delay in appointing CIC, CVC: Jitendra Singh
- Credibility of Prime Minister's Office restored by BJP, says Arun Jaitley
- ISIS justifies raping slave girls, says Michelle Obama is 'worth $40'
- CBSE Board 10th Results 2015: Cbse.nic.in & Cbseresults.nic class 10th X board exam results 2015 date announced
- LIVE SCORE: 1st Test, Day 2 - England vs New Zealand
- Arvind Kejriwal to highlight AAP govt's 100 days work on Monday