Mehr Jesia all praise for Arjun Rampal in `Inkaar`
Mumbai: Model-turned-actor Arjun Rampal is getting accolades for his role in the upcoming movie ‘Inkaar’ - even if they are coming from his wife and ex-supermodel Mehr Jesia.
After a special screening here of the movie, directed by the veteran Sudhir Mishra, Mehr was effusive in her praise.
"I am very, very proud of Arjun. I loved the film. It is very different. What Sudhir has done is very different, especially coming out in a Hindi film, it`s quite bold," said the former Miss India.
The film takes up the issue of sexual harassment at the workplace and is also a love story involving the two protagonists, Arjun and Chitrangada Singh, a Mishra favourite.
It is the latest offering from a director known for bold and offbeat themes.
Mishra is best known for his 2005 film ‘Hazaaron Khwaishein Aisi’ about three impressionable youngsters in the years of the Emergency rule of 1975-77.
More recently, he made critically appreciated films like the 2007 movie ‘Khoya Khoya Chand’ and 2011`s ‘Yeh Saali Zindagi’.
Both ‘Hazaaron Khwaishein Aisi’ and ‘Yeh Saali Zindagi’ featured Chitrangada.
‘Inkaar’, which has received a U/A certificate, is slated for a Jan 18 release.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Make heads turn by trying these hairstyle trends!
- Bigg Boss 10: Are you ready for Monalisa - Vikrant Singh Rajpoot’s mehendi, marriage ceremony?
- Baba Ramdev to appear on ‘The Kapil Sharma Show’
- Jallikattu ban: More Tamil celebrities lend support for traditional sport
- Rishi Kapoor launches his autobiography ‘Khullam Khulla - Rishi Kapoor Uncensored’
- Ranveer Singh's act in 'Bajirao Mastani' stirred me: Hrithik Roshan
- Shah Rukh Khan, Nawazuddin to promote 'Raees' in Dubai
- It's better late than never: Shatrughan Sinha on award
- Tubelight: First pictures of Shah Rukh Khan, Salman Khan's shoot are here
- Akshay Kumar, Subhash Kapoor's candid camaraderie on 'Jolly LLB 2' sets is too much fun – Watch